+61+

Balloons POV

Clove mewed loudly as I put her inside of my backpack, making sure to leave a small hole so that she could breathe. I don't know how I was going to do it, since there's still heavy snow outside, but I don't think that Clove can stay here anymore. I hoisted the backpack around my arm carefully, the feline seeming to have settled slightly as I made my way upstairs and out the door, a sharp wind knocking my hood off, causing me to shiver and pull it back up, tying the strings into a bow. Thankfully, the snow plows had been hard at work this morning, so the roads and sidewalks were fairly clear and easy to walk through. However, the ice was a problem, since the salt seemed to have not done much. Carefully shifting my balance, the patches of ice caused me to sort of snake around on the side walk, trying to avoid it as much as possible. If I fell, I could hurt Clove more than she already is.

I could hear meows of protest at the cold air seeping into the bag, "D-dont worry, we're almost there." My teeth chattered slightly. After what seemed like ages, I arrived where I wanted to be, Suitcases home. If anyone could take care of Clove, even for a short time, it would be her. I remembered she told me that the spare key was on the underside of her mailbox, retrieving it and unlocking the door. Carefully, I set my backpack down, unzipping it and letting Clove out. She looked around for a moment, confused to be back here.

"C-Clove, you have to stay here. Someone very nice will take care of you from now on." I didn't know why I was talking to her as if she'd understand, but it just felt right. I removed the small bag of cat food I had put in my bag, setting it on a table, as well as a note I had prepared the night before.

Clove jumped up onto the table, pawing at the food bag.
"No, Clove, down," I said, pointing at the floor, which she obeyed. I always used both verbal command and gesture when I had trained her, so it's hard for her to understand with just one of them. I then turned for the door, knowing I was going to be late for school. Before leaving though, I patted Clove once more on the head as a farewell. She purred, her tail flicking slightly.

Hesitantly, I stepped out into the world once more, returning the spare key to its rightful spot, and heading towards the school.