+69+

Balloons POV

I sat at the cliff, staring down at the rocks below. It was only a matter of time. The sun was beginning to set as I took the copy of the note out of my pocket, laying it near the fence. I was surprised at how calm I was, it didn't feel like it was going to hurt much. The orange sky began to glow brighter and brighter. I'm glad I picked here. It's beautiful. Too beautiful. The grass was wet from the rain, and luckily it cleared up just as I got here.

...

I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm a bad friend. It's too late now, though, and they'll understand why I had to. They'll forget in a years time, maybe even sooner.  Hopefully sooner. I look around, seeing a moss covered rock laying in the bushes. I slowly walk over, picking it up, the weight causing me to stumble back slightly. Maybe this will make me fall faster? I look over at the sky, now the brightest orange is ever seen the sky be. I walked back over to the edge, holding the rock like a mother would hold her child, how I was never held. I felt as though I was looking at myself, gray, boring, and hopeless. I felt a pressure building up in my throat that I held back, as I've always had to do. Is it time to go yet? I stood there for a moment, pondering. The sky seemed endless, and up there was a place that I could hopefully be happy and free. Never have I been so close to true freedom as I am now. I grow impatient, I want to be loose from these chains now, but I hold myself back. I have to wait for the right time. A few more minutes should do.