+18+

I was waking out of school, the day ended and I was relieved that no one bullied me today. Its so common that today felt like a breath of fresh air. I jump a little when I feel my phone buzz. I take it out, and Suitcase put me in a group chat;

Suitcase: Hey guys! So where should we meet?

Leafy: Idk, wherever you want to

Balloon: You guys could come over to my house? No one is gonna be home tonight so you don't have to meet my wreck of a family.

Suitcase: I'm sure your family is fine! But sure we can meet there.

Balloon: ok!

Suitcase: Leafy I'll stop by your house and take you there if you want

Leafy: sure.

Man, Leafy really doesn't talk much. I can understand why, though. I walk home and when I get there I start to clean the house a bit. I vacuumed my room and the ground floor, and dusted some of the stuff. I go down to my room and start to tidy things up when I see a crumpled piece of paper. Opening it, I see it was the half-finished drawing of Suitcase. Blushing, I take it and head to the bathroom, hiding it in the medicine cabinet. I wanted to keep it, it was one of my best works, and by best I mean terrible, but it's my favorite. I see the bandages and wrap my wrist again, to make sure that it won't bleed through. That's when I hear a knock at my door. I quickly get up, knocking something off the medicine cabinet, but I don't hear it. I run upstairs and get to the door. I take a deep breath and open it.

"H-hey guys! Welcome!"

"Thanks Balloon!" Suitcase smiles and Leafy follows her quietly.

"Well, I-I guess lets go downstairs." I take them downstairs into my room, which is in better shape than usual now.

"Woah! You get the whole basement to yourself?" Suitcase gasps.

"My room is small, but I like it there" Leafy says quietly as I pull some bean bag chairs over.

"Same! Oh, Balloon! I made some cookies earlier, so I brought some over!" She grabs her backpack and pulls out a plate of cookies in plastic wrap. I haven't had one in forever!

"Wow, thanks!" I walked over and she gave them to me. I put hem on my desk and sat only bed. Suitcase and Leafy sat on the beanbag chairs.

"So, what did you want to say?" Leafy asks Suitcase.

"Well, it seems like you've been getting distant, Balloon. Is everything ok?" I see Leafys face fill with nervousness and her eyes drift to my wrists.

"I- um- its n-nothing! Nothing's wrong I'm fine." I say, and I can see that she doesn't believe me.

"Please, Balloon you can talk to m-" I cut her off

"Do you love me still?" I say loudly. She looks surprised, and then laughs a little.

"Of course I do! I really do." She gets up and walks over to me. Leafy sighs.

"Balloon, you're so silly. If I didn't love you I would've left by now. I know you don't trust that many people, but I really do love you." Her words strike me, she seems so confident in them. In me.

"O-oh." I sit and think for a moment when she says something

"Well, enough with the sappy stuff, lets eat some cookies!"