+11+

I walk out the door, wearing the nicest clothes I had, which wasn't much. Just a red and white striped t-shirt and some khakis. They didn't have a spot on them, I made sure of that. I felt the butterflies in my stomach trying to fly up my throat, wanting to escape. I can't believe I'm about to do this, my sort of 'first date' but not really. I didn't ask her to go on a date, I asked if she wanted to hang out . Those are two completely different things. Her house is pretty close, so I walk along to sidewalk, thinking of her. I noticed the sun starting to set, making me pick up the pace.

I get to her small house on the corner of the street, lined with pink flowers and I see her sitting on the porch. She was wearing a light brown dress with a yellow belt, brown boots and a big floppy yellow hat. I blushed when she looked over at me, and I tried to hide it. She smiled at me and I smiled back. I shyly walk over to her porch.

"H-hey Suitcase! A-are you ready to go?"

"Sure! Whenever you are!" She steps down the porch. We start to walk towards town, talking and laughing. The lights inside the houses light the street. We take a shortcut through the woods, the spring bloom making the trees more of a white cloud of flowers. 

"Watch this." I jump up and touch a branch of the tree, causing a cascade of petals to float down on top of our heads. We start to laugh. A petal falls on Suitcase's nose, making her sneeze. I look at her hair, with white petals stuck in them, and I blush. She sees me and blushes too, giggling. 

"Do I have petals in my hair?" She asks.

"Yeah. We should keep walking." She brushes the petals out of her hair and I do the same. We walk through the woods for a bit when I get to a bit of a familiar place. 

"Wait, I've been here before! Follow me!" Suitcase grabs my hand, making my face go red, and we walk through the woods until we get to a cliff edge, overlooking the sunset on the lake. 

"Woah." I'm astonished by the view. When I'm done zoning out on the lovely view, I turn and see Suitcase dragging a log over. I go over and help her. We get it into a good spot and sit down. 

"Isn't the view amazing from here?" I look over at her, the sunlight making her hair look gold. I blush and look down.

"Y-yeah! Good call!" I smile. I feel the knot in my stomach getting tighter. 

"Suitcase?"

"Yeah, Balloon?"

"I...

I want to say something."