+5+

I walk back home, passing through town, the streets being lit by all the stores and restaurants. The image of Suitcase with the flower in her hair sticks in my mind. I walk past the store where I remember getting the hoodie that I'm wearing, seeing myself purchasing it. The glistening grass lined the sidewalk, invading the cracks that the ants live in. I put my ear buds in, put on a playlist and keep strolling. I glance across the street to see OJ and Paper in a small diner together. They seem happy, laughing and blushing. It's about time they got together, its obvious and everyone knows. Well, maybe except for Salt, she always woo's over him, every chance she gets. I notice Pepper sitting on a bench by herself on her phone, and Knife and Trophy surrounded by half-drunken people while arm-wrestling on a bar stool. They must've had fake IDs to get in that bar. Lightbulb and Paintbrush stand at the front of an ice cream trucks line. I see Lightbulb jumping up and down, and Paintbrush trying to ignore being with her. I chuckle and keep walking, when a song comes on that I've never heard before. I open my phone and look at it to see what it is.

This song is really good, Jeez! I keep walking, my head down, and my mind wanders towards Suitcase again. Her eyes, her face, her smile. I keep thinking until...

"You're a lovable, angelic piece of perfect"

Oh god.

I look around. I'm in my neighborhood now, and my face is hot from blushing. The song keeps playing and I speed-walk past the houses, hoping not to be recognised by anyone in the houses. once I reach my house, the song ends and I quickly walk inside. My mom sits on the couch, passed out. I walk into the kitchen and grab a coke can, popping it open and hearing the fizzy noises. I look at the calendar and notice a circled date at the end of the month. It says 'Dad Comes Home'. I forgot that he was in prison.

Shouldn't have gotten aggressive with that guy, dad.

I go downstairs to my room, lit up with old christmas lights and fake chinese lanterns. My pull out bed sits in the corner of the room, the sheets bunched up against the wall. I sit down at my make-shift desk and pull out some lined paper.

I can't let this get to me.

She won't like me back, and the others will bully her, too, if we did get together, which is not going to happen. I grab a pencil and start to mindlessly doodle. I'm not the best and art, but it helps me vent my feelings. Still listening to my music, I pay more attention to that. I realize that I was drawing Suitcase. I get frustrated and crumple the paper, throwing it on the floor behind me. I think that's enough drawing for tonight. I get my sleeping shirt on and crawl into bed, forgetting to brush my teeth. I fall asleep, thinking about Suitcase.