+54+

Suitcases POV

The leaves were lying on the ground as the first snow of winter settled on top of it like a blanket. I sit by the windowsill, a cup of caramel-flavored hot chocolate resting in my hands. My mind was like the smell, wafting and wandering through every corner the room.

I've never liked winter, though the snow is fun. It's just so dark all the time, so very dark. I hope Balloon is alright, having been taken back to his own home. The other night I had walked past the guest room, and a layer of cold guilt fell onto me, seeing the bed empty.

I look out the window, feeling oddly nervous, recalling the figure that was on top of the building. Who were they? Why were they on a...cliff? I blink, suddenly standing, seeing the building top transform, the figure now on a cliff, holding a large rock. I feel a great sense of anxiety and regret flow over me, as I look around, seeing a few more people around me, who I wasn't able to recognize, though they were all panicked. I step out into the clearing, some word falling out of my mouth. The figure at the cliff turns, their face full of sorrow as they set down the rock next to them, and lean.

My head jerks up.I hyperventilate, nearly spilling the now cold, half full cup. So much for trying to relax, the same horrifying vision keeps appearing every time. Usually my hallucinations are of the past, but this one I don't recall ever happening. I don't know what it means, but I'm paranoid of it being true. My heart rate slows as I take another sip, contemplating the events that have happened and trying to make sense of it all.

What is wrong with me?