+31+

Tacos POV

I sigh, and turn around, walking away down the hallway towards my locker again. I struggle to remember the combination, but once I do, something makes me feel at home.

Who knew that lockers had that smell. You know, the one when you leave your house for a while and then come back, that home-y smell. Guess its a locker-y smell, then? But then I look on the inside of the door...

Photos of us. I grab one of us on a picnic. God I miss that. I feel my eyes water up a bit, blurring my vision. I put the photo back up, wipe my eyes, grab my ukulele, and start down the hallway. My eyes won't stop watering no matter how hard I try to calm down. I take a left into one of the bathrooms. Oh, great, looks like it's the one with the girl in it. She must've heard me come in, because she stops crying, or at least muffles it with her sleeve or something.

"Looks like I'm not the only one in here to vent." I say, slouching against the wall. There is no response.

"What happened? Break up? Bullies? Family issues?" I ask.

I hear her sigh from inside the stall, "I've never been better.."

"How cheeky. That's a fib, and you know it. Lying will ruin you, I know it from experience.."

"W-why do you care? I don't even know who you are!" she says loudly.

"And it's better that you don't. You wouldn't like it if you knew what I did."

"...this place is terrible."

"It's always been gone to the dogs.."

"And I only got here last month!" she yelled.

"Wait, last month? So you don't know who I am?"

"Well I can't see you."

"Are you going to come out?"

"..not now"

"Alright then." I sigh, pulling my uke over towards me, strumming a few chords, sending a wave of memories back to me. I recall this one song that I loved to play. I strum the first few chords, and start quietly singing.

"♪Back, back, back, it's time to go back, to you know where. But was it fun, out in the sun where you were?♪"

"♪Stop, no, no you're not allowed, to think that. Unwire the good, don't imagine what could have been.. ♪"

"♫ What a nice little holiday.. ♫" I hear her open the stall door slightly, singing the part.

"♫ ♪ Just a memory, ♪♫" we both fill that part, "♫♪ now ♪♫"

She opens the door all the way.