+39+

Balloons POV

The woods is where I go when things get rough. The park is nice, yes, but people there are so happy, it seems so fake. How do people pretend to be so happy? Maybe I should ask myself that question, but I don't have an answer. No one does. It's a rhetorical question.

The green grass was matted down on the path that I followed. I know exactly where I'm going. There is a cliff, right outside of town. It used to be a hotspot for drunk parties and makeout sessions, until the fight, that is. There was some sort of drunk street or gang fight, and someone pushed this popular girl, Bow, off the cliff, and she ended up dying from blood loss because everyone was too drunk to process it. Her 'brother' was extremely upset about it, and being the copycat he is, jumped off the cliff, killing himself. Bows death overshadowed Doughs, obviously. Marshmallow was the most upset about it, she and Bow were close friends. This doesn't matter, though. Not now, at least.

I finally make it to the clearing where the cliff stands. I walk over to the fence that had been put up since the incident, peering over. I take off my back pack, reaching in and grabbing a pair of wire cutters I had bought a while back. I kneeled down next to the fence, and started cutting a large hole. It took a while, but finally there was a hole I could climb through. I went through the fence, and onto the other side, where the cliff was left bare. I walked over to the edge and peered over.

It's a far fall. Good.

Now I have a way to leave when things get bad. I don't want to, of course, but sometimes it's the only way out. I grab my backpack and put the cutters back inside, climbing back through the hole and going back to the path to walk home.

Well, Suitcases house, actually.

I can't go back home.