+13+

I walk home after dropping Suitcase of at her house. I can't believe that actually worked! I'm honestly scared, knowing that she is still friends with Nickel, I think? I hope we can keep this thing a secret. The street lamps light the dark streets as I walk past the familiar homes. As I'm walking up to my house I notice an unfamiliar car parked in our driveway. Maybe mom is having one of her friends over? I ignore it and keep walking until I get to our front door. I open it and I see my mom with a man, eating dinner.

"Oh, Balloon! Your back just in time! Your dad is here!" My mom puts on a fake smile.

"D-dad?" He's back? I didn't know he was coming back! Oh wait, the calendar said it. He stands up, letting me get a better view of him. He looks like a more muscular and older version of me, just with darker hair and a beard. I step back a little, in awe of his height, and out of fear. I don't know what he is like, I haven't seen him since I was 8. He examines me, and I catch a glimpse of disappointment in his eyes, but none the less, he smiles and bends down, hugging me.

"I've missed you, son." He says. I feel warm inside, and hug him back. It's been so long since I've done that. He pulls away and motions to the empty seat at the table. I walk over and sit down. I grab a plate of chicken and put a piece on my plate. I sit with my parents, eating dinner and talking with them. We haven't done this since dad left. 

We are a whole family again, even if we don't always enjoy each other.