+56+

Balloons POV

I hesitantly open the door to the house, careful not to let Clove out now that it's snowing, despite her insisting meows. No ones home at the moment, which is good, because I can actually be upstairs for once instead of hiding in the basement. I set my backpack near the top of the basement stairs and flop down onto the couch, sighing. I've been trying to distance myself from everyone lately, I'm going through a bit of an episode at the moment. Ever since that day when I was at the cliff, I've been more reclusive. I've been fantasizing what would've happened if they didn't catch me, or if they weren't there at all. When I think about it, I can almost feel the rocks pierce my body. I don't like it, but it's oddly inviting.

Clove mews at me, standing next to the couch. I sit up.

"What is it?" The feline walks over to the basement door, stretching a paw out to push my bag. I leap up, trying to run and catch it, but it's too late, and it tumbled down the steps, the loose papers spilling out of it until it reaches the bottom.

"Clove!" I yell slightly, but I can't stay mad, and I go downstairs to deal with the bag.

The sound of the door opening causes me to freeze.