chapter 2

Market :

Payal : Bayyaji , aadha kilo aalu dhe dhijiye.. (half kg potatoes...)

While she was waiting for the aalu to be weighed, she saw a 5 year old girl , standing in the middle of the road admiring her cute little doll and a car was coming towards her. Seeing that , Payal rushed towards her. But before she reached her, a pair of arms held the girl and saved from being hit by the car.

Payal (taking a deep breath as the baby is safe) : Uff, bete thum teek tho ho na? (baby, are you alright??)

"She is fine. Don't worry" , a voice came.

Payal : Thanks to Devi Maiya that you have saved her at the right time.

Payal (looking towards the little girl) : Bete, aisa dubara math karna. Where is your home? (don't do like this next time...)

That girl points towards a small house nearby.

Payal : I will drop her to her home.

The person who saved the girl tells Payal that he would accompany her and both of them move towards the little girl's house.

They have dropped the girl in her home informing her parents to be careful. While going back, the man starts his conversation.

Man : By the way , I am Akash Singh Raizada. May I know what your name is?

Payal(with a smile) : Payal Gupta

Akash : nice meeting you.

Both shook hands

Payal : Ok then , I would leave now.

Payal bids bye to Akash , buys the potatoes and moves to her home.

***

In restaurant:

Arnav enters the restaurant and moves towards the table which is next to Khushi's table. He gets seated there by saying a hello to the person.

Arnav : Hello Mr.Sharma.

Both have their formal greetings. A waiter arrives.

Waiter : order sir(he asks)

Mr.Sharma : a coffee for me . (Turning towards Arnav) What you need Arnav?

Arnav : no, I don't need anything.

Waiter leaves.

Arnav takes out a file, keeps it on the table .

Arnav : So Mr.Sharma, these papers have my sign and my di's as well. I think we can proceed now.

Mr.Sharma takes a look on the papers in the file and places it back on the table without closing it.

Mr.Sharma : Ya Arnav, I will proceed with the formalities.

On the other hand, feeling very hungry, Khushi decides to leave. But unfortunately or may be fortunately, she dashes with the waiter who has come with a coffee. The coffee would have spoiled the papers if Arnav hasn't moved the file. He gets angry and looks up only to see an innocent face staring him with those brown hazel eyes, biting her nails. For few seconds, he observes her with the same angry look and suddenly gets up.

Arnav (screaming): Can't you watch and walk damnit.

Khushi : I am sorry . I am in hurry and I didn't see the waiter here.

Arnav : You would have faced the wrath of Arnav Singh Raizada if those papers got spoiled. Now get out of my sight.

Khushi : I haven't done it purposely. I am so...(she is about to say a sorry again but Arnav interrupts again)

Arnav(in a loud voice) : I don't need any explanation on which purpose you have done it. Just go away from here without a word.

All the members in the restaurant are seeing them. Khushi gets embarrassed and runs out of the place with tears in her eyes. She can't deny the fact that the mistake is hers but what is the need for him to behave so much rudely with her. He is not even ready to hear a sorry from her.

After Khushi has gone, Arnav gets seated back.

Mr.Sharma : It's not her fault totally Arnav. It's me who has kept the file open.

Arnav : She doesn't have eyes backside. She could have watched out.

Mr.Sharma: but I think you have been very rude to her.

Arnav : Leave about her Mr.Sharma. Now take this file and make the things happen as fast as possible.

This time Mr.Sharma keeps the file inside his bag. Both shook hands, Mr.Sharma pays the bill for the coffee which is responsible for this entire scene to happen and they move out.

***

Raizada Mansion:

Akash enters the house with a smile on his face. He sits on the sofa thinking something and smiling himself. Anjali (with a pooja thali in her hand) notices him and goes towards him.

Anjali : Kya baath hey , aaj humare bhai ithna kush hey? (wow... What's the matter... My brother seems so happy today)

Akash(coming back to senses) : nothing di.

Anjali : Then, why are you smiling yourself. Has AR Company stopped their business and started giving advertisements on toothpaste ads?

Akash : di, nothing like that. I have remembered something.

Just then Arnav enters with a routine angry look on his face.

Anjali : Look, other bhai also arrived. Kamaal hey, one of them enters home smiling and the other with an angry look.

Arnav : di, stop complaining on us and think about yourself. Still continuing your fast?

Anjali : ha chotte but this is the last day.

Arnav : Di, yeh sab zaroore hey kya? (did, are all these necessary??) We have everything. Anything you wish, will be there before you in seconds. Phir be aap apne health ko danger mein kyun dalthe?

Anjali : Chotte, baath hone ya na hone ke nahi hey. Baath vishwas ke hey. Mein bhagvan par vishwas rakhthe hu.(what we have is not the matter chotte. This is the belief I have towards the god) By the way, without the wish of Devi Maiya(DM), you couldn't have reached this position.

Arnav : Di please, I am in this position not because of your DM, it's all because of my hard work. Ok now, I must have a shower. I don't want to hear any more nonsense about your god, bye.

Anjali nods her head that her Chotte will never change.

Akash : We know bhai, di. He never believes in god. So you can give that laddoo to me. I believe in god and god's prasad unlike bhai.

Anjali smiles and offers prasad to Akash