chapter 6

As Arnav opens the letter and is about to read it, he hears a knock at the door and his di enters along with Akash. So he places it aside and gets up.

Arnav: di, you need anything?

Anjali : Chotte, should I enter in your room only if I needed something?(she questioned with a smile)

Arnav lets his breathe out and nods his head in such a way that his di would never stop her acts.

Arnav: You are always welcome, mere di

Anjali : Hmmm..Who knows it chotte. After your marriage, my bhabhi would need some privacy afterall.

Arnav: Forget it di, it would never happen.

Anjali: what would never happen, your marriage or my restriction to your room?

Arnav: both.

Akash: di, the way bhai talks makes me scared that he would be a sanyasi his whole life.

Arnav: what the…stop speaking rubbish Akash. I won’t be a sanyasi or something. I am already one of the top most businessmen.

Akash: Ok my dear busy businessman, can’t you afford one day of yours? Can’t you be at home tomorrow?

Arnav: Di please, I have already told Nani that (cut off by Anjali)

Anjali: I know your reasons chotte. Don’t say them to me.

Arnav: Di, office needs me tomorrow.

Anjali: and your di too chotte and by the way can’t Akash look after that work.

Akash: Ha bhai, I think di is right. I will meet Mishras and you meet your girl.

Arnav throws angry glares to Akash who sees sideways and whistles.

Anjali: Chotte, please..please..please..stay at home tomorrow. Atleast, for my sake.

Arnav: Ok fine di, I will meet her but no more meetings then after.

Anjali: Ha ok, thank you chotte (she keeps her palm on Arnav’s cheek while saying that and moves out).

Akash: all the best bhai(and he immediately runs out of Arnav’s sight).

Arnav sighs and takes the file to arrange the papers in it.

***

Anjali’s room:

Akash: di, Khushiji’s bua has no problem regarding her work. Actually, Khushiji called me and told that shehad called you but I think we were in bhai’s room at that time.

Anjali (checking her call list) : Ha Akash, there are 2 missed calls. So, she is coming to AR tomorrow.

Akash: ya di, but tell me one thing why didn’t you tell her that it’s our company?

Anjali: because I know her Akash. I may have met her a few days back only but I know she would never have accepted our offer if she knows that it’s our company.

Akash: but di, if not now she will know it later.

Anjali: I know it Akash, but as far as I know any employee can’t leave AR without a service period of 1 year.

Akash: wow di, it must be admitted that you are the sister of ASR.

Anjali smiles for that comment and Akash leaves to his room.

***

Arnav’s room:

Arnav winded up his work and observed the letter on his bed. He picks it up and starts reading it.

“Dear Bapuji and Amma,

Don’t know what to tell and where to start. There are many things I wish to share with you. Delhi- a new place for me and jiji with high hopes. Though, it’s a new place, you know me right. Half the street members are my friends now and remaining half are waiting for my appointment. All the neighbors are very good. Some of them are happy with their lives while some suffer even more than us. I am still in search of a job but I am sure I will get one and our lives too will be turned into happier. Buaji takes care of us very much. She also seems to be tensed due to her pension issue but why fear when your chameli is here. I will settle down all the problems we are facing now. It’s a promise on my jalebi. Jiji becomes dull when she thinks about both of you and you know what what I have to do to bring back a smile on her face. But to be frank, I too miss both of you very much. Now you both don’t start crying ok. Trust me , Devi Maiya won’t let anything to happen to us and Bapuji will be fine. I will make things fall back to it’s place very soon.

Amma, don’t cry and take care of Bapuji and yourself too.

Bye with a smile.

Yours loving Chameli”