chapter 26

No sooner did Arnav got to know about Anjali's help to Khushi, his mind started doubting her. 'Was everything a drama done by Khushi, to act good in front of his sister?' This was the question popped in his mind. His heart denied saying Khushi can't be such type while his mind was filled with some other negative thoughts. Thoughts that included a man saying 'I have done everything for this property, for this money' and the man started laughing loudly. Suddenly, Arnav got a call from Aman making him come out of his thoughts. He moved away attending that call.

Arnav's room:

Arnav was searching for the key with which he needed to open the drawer of his cupboard. He needed the file immediately and unfortunately it was locked up in that drawer. He searched for the keys in his entire room but found them nowhere. He called HP and asked him if he had seen the keys anywhere but HP answered that he hadn't found any key. Arnav told him to leave and then, he thought of the places he had roamed in the house, the previous day. He thought of the store room and immediately moved towards it.

Arnav entered the room and searched for the key. After few seconds, he found it under a table. While he was picking it up, he found a crumpled paper lying behind it. He neatened it and observed what it contained. As soon as he saw that paper, anger engulfed him. He thrown that paper aside guessing who might have done that. Actually he was not guessing, he was sure of who had done that. He exactly knew who dared to cross off his face and apply horns to his head on that paper piece extracted from a newspaper. 'Rakshas' was the word written over his face on that scrumpled paper.

Arnav: Khushi...Kumari....Gupta.... (He stressed each word of her name)

He thought for a while and then, controlling his anger he moved into Anjali's room.

Arnav: di, how are you feeling now?

Anjali: better, Chotte. Going to office?

Arnav: ya di. Came an urgent work which needs my attention.

After a while, Arnav continued speaking

Arnav: di....(he called her softly)

Anjali: Hmmm...

Arnav: di, after whatever we had gone through in the past, please don't believe people so fastly. I fear if...if...(Arnav said those words in a calm yet painful voice and stammered at the last words)

Anjali sensed what her Chotte was going through. How could she not understand him when even she faced the same. She placed her palms on his and started speaking.

Anjali: I don't know why you got those memories back into your mind again, Chotte. You might have closed yourself from outside world after that incident, Chotte but trust me not everyone are the same. Just because a person turned out like that doesn't mean the world is like that.

Arnav(with red eyes): I don't know about the world di. I had seen everything happening in front of my eyes - that betrayal and that hell we had gone through. So, just be careful di.

Anjali placed her palm on his cheek and started speaking while tears slowly made their way out of her eyes.

Anjali(nodding her head): I would be careful, Chotte. You don't worry, ok. Now stop crying.

Arnav(becoming normal): I am not crying.

Anjali: I know you are crying(she said smiling)

Arnav: Arnav Singh Raizada never cries.

Anjali: say that to the world not to your sister.

Arnav smiles and gets up.

Arnav: ok di, take care. I should leave now. By the way, is jeejaji coming back today?