chapter 71

Arnav was sitting exactly opposite to Khushi's room... He was looking at the door in regular intervals to catch her sight as soon as she entered the hall... and it happened...

Khushi came out cladding herself in a simple red saree... Arnav who was sipping his tea given by Buaji got mesmerized seeing this beauty in front of him... It was still easy for him to control himself when he used to neglect his feelings... but now, when he started accepting his feelings, it became too tough to control his heart... to control the urge to be with her...

Khushi's look:

    Arnav was only staring at Khushi while Khushi was hiding herself from being caught by his gaze

Arnav was only staring at Khushi while Khushi was hiding herself from being caught by his gaze... that's when it happened... Arnav's interest on Khushi made him neglect the tea that he was sipping then... It was when his lips touched the hot cup, he realized that he was having tea, not water... Arnav immediately placed the cup on the table and suppressed the little burning sensation on his lips... He lifted his eyes only to meet Khushi's... she too was staring at him...

Khushi opened her mouth to say something but Arnav didn't let her...

Arnav(getting up from his seat): Khushi, let's go... If not, it might get late...

Shashi was the only one present in the hall except Arnav and Khushi... He was talking on phone when he heard Arnav's voice... Khushi moved towards her father and said that she was leaving... Shashi nodded his head and after giving a smile to him, Khushi walked towards Arnav...

Arnav: shall we go...?

Khushi nodded her head and both of them moved out...

***

Arnav opened the car's door for Khushi and she got inside... She got seated while he moved towards his side and settled himself to drive... He started the engine and Khushi adjusted her seatbelt... Both of them stayed silent for a while in the initial part of the drive... and then, Arnav continued...

Arnav: by the way, if you had worn this red saree to impress me, I must say you got succeeded in it...

Khushi: what?? I didn't choose this to impress you, ok... I like sarees and so thought to try it today...

Arnav: then why red, miss. Khushi Kumari Gupta...?

Khushi thought for all the possible reasons and finally came up with a not so reasonable reason...

Khushi: I didn't choose it... I just picked out this saree randomly...

Arnav: oh really?? (he asked raising an eyebrow)

Khushi: ji ha... (she answered stressing both the words)

Arnav: but you already knew that I like red, right... then, why did you hold on to this red saree..

Khushi: because... (her thoughts were still processing)

Arnav: Ha because??? (he asked while taking a turn)