chapter 15

Khushi stares at the pen without taking it.

Arnav: what are you waiting for?

Khushi: I see some of the changes in this.

Arnav: You should be happy for that. Don't you? Anyways, your job here will no more be any desk-based job as Akash offered you. You should do the work related to me directly. In simple words, you would be more or less my PA. You could also see, even your salary is doubled. So, don't worry. Sign them, now(he shows the pen).

Khushi controlled her anger. Whatever she is doing now, has her own reason to do. He could never understand that.
Khushi takes a pen from her bag ignoring Arnav's offer and signed those papers. She sees Arnav gritting his teeth. So what she is supposed to do. Its her favorite pen. Somehow, Khushi doesn't wanted to make him more angry. She is working under him now. So, she clarified the thing.

Khushi: Sorry, its my favorite pen.

Arnav mellowed down. He observed her pen. Its really, a very nice pen. Even, he doesn't have such pens. She signs those papers and gives them back to Arnav. Arnav smirks at her.

Arnav: so finally, I have won. You can join with your work from tomorrow. Enjoy for today. We don't know when you would be free.

He said that sentence as if he would not allow her to be free at all, once she starts working under him. Khushi also doubted, infact she knew, he would definitely trouble her. But she has taken the decision, however he might trouble her, she would face him.

Khushi gets up.

Arnav: aur ha, you could pay your house rent to me directly. Not necessarily now, as you have joined in my office as per my wish. Take your own time until you stay in my office.

Khushi (interrupting): I will pay that amount tomorrow itself, Mr.Raizada.

Arnav was stunned to hear that. If she has money, then why does she agreed to his terms? Arnav has major doubts on this now.

Khushi: And then, from next month, I will pay regularly as I am a working woman now.

Arnav(coming out of his thoughts): Don't take decisions that fastly, miss. Gupta. Who knows, you may leave your job, if you don't like it.

Khushi: You sound like as if you are going to make my life hell in this office. But I will never back out, Mr. Raizada.

Arnav: We will see and one more thing, call me ASR or sir as you are my employee now.

Khushi: I will call, but from tomorrow, as I would be working for you from tomorrow. As of now, I would like to take your leave.

Arnav: This much attitude???? It won't work in front of me.

Khushi: Its required to save my self-respect. Chalthe hey.(I am leaving)

Saying that Khushi leaves his cabin leaving a thoughtful Arnav behind. He observes her until she exits from his sight.

Gupta house:

Since Khushi has returned from the office, everything became normal again. No electricity problem.
Khushi has to tell about her job matter to her family. She decides to speak with Payal first.

Khushi: I have joined in AR, jiji.

Payal: but Khushi, you told no to Akashji?

Khushi: ha jiji, but I don't want to take more help from them. So, I went there  to face that lad governor myself.

Payal: Khushi, didn't he scold you today? He used any harsh words today?(she questioned in a concerned tone).

Khushi would never disclose to her sister of what happened in the office. She knew, Payal would be tensed and might not allow her to work.