chapter 58

Arnav is observing Khushi's features as if she is the only one for whom he is still alive. She opened her eyes to look at him... while her heartbeats increased. His heart is playing with different emotions when he looked into her eyes.  Suddenly, there is a thunder storm with huge sound which made Khushi to hug Arnav immediately. Arnav stood still. He was neither responding to the hug nor he stepped back. Millions of thoughts were running in his mind. What was he about to do, a few seconds back?? Did he just.... (He just stopped there)... He rewinded how close he was to Khushi and fisted his fingers. On the other hand, Khushi felt Arnav's body stiffening and moved back immediately. Both looked towards each other through the corner of their eyes. Suddenly, Khushi could feel her cell to be vibrating. Guessing it to be from her home, she moved under a roof of the nearest shop. She took her cell out of her bag and found out that her guess was right. The call was from her home. Deleting all other thoughts from her mind, she attended the call.

Khushi: ha.. Buaji... (She answered with a low tone)

Buaji: Arey Sankadevi, where are you??

Khushi once glared at Arnav who started moving towards the parking lot again.

Khushi (concentrating back on buaji): Buaji, its raining so heavily... I am still at my office. I will start to home once the intensity of the rain decreases.

Buaji: It was already too late thithaliya... How will you reach home...?

Khushi: don't worry buaji... I will be there... There is no bus strike today... that I can't reach home...

Buaji: hmmm... OK... You should have agreed to Happyji when he offered you his scooty...

Khushi: Buaji... You know me... Don't worry, I am habituated to travel in a bus.

Buaji: What could I say if you are so stubborn... By the way, you are still at your office right??

Khushi: ha buaji... I am still here...

Buaji: thithaliya, did you seek permission from your boss for your leave, tomorrow... (She asked slowly and soothingly).. Tomorrow, its your mother's... (Buaji could not continue further)

Khushi remembered, what was next day's date...

Khushi: buaji... Tomorrow... (She said with tears in her eyes)... Buaji, let me call you back... (She said while suppressing her tears)

How could she forget to ask Arnav that she wanted a leave... She should inform him that she was not going to come to office, tomorrow. When she took a step ahead, a light hit her on her face. She lifted her hand to the height of her eyes to stop the light entering her eyes. Blinking her eyes, she could see a car coming in her direction. It got stopped in front of her eyes and it took no time to guess whose car it was... Arnav Singh Raizada got down and moved towards her quickly...

Arnav: get in (he demanded plainly)

Khushi was about to open her mouth to tell him that she was not going to come with him but he never gave that chance to her. He spoke.

Arnav: It's not for the sake of any challenge... It is raining heavily and it is difficult to walk in this muddy streets... Moreover, its too late and got dark... few drunkards roam here, this time.... So only for today, I will drop you at your home... From tomorrow, its your wish...

Khushi thought for a while... Everything he said was right.. Its not safe to stay there, at that late hour. She should even ask for a leave. So, she thought to discuss it in his car.

Khushi nodded her head while Arnav moved towards his car, opening the side door of his car for Khushi. Slowly, Khushi moved towards his car and sat inside the car. Arnav too got into his seat and started the engine.