chapter 76

AR office - next day:

Arnav could concentrate on nothing... Only Khushi's thoughts revolved in his mind... He never knew that her absence in his office just for a day would affect him so much... The coffee which he had today made him miss her even more... Wish he could have the coffee made by her like everyday... He could see her face on his laptop screen when he opened it... Without turning it on, he kept staring at the screen imagining Khushi's smiling face on it... He was still admiring the blank screen when Aman entered his cabin...

Aman: ASR... Everyone are waiting for you... Shall we move to the conference room..? (he asked while getting in)

Aman saw Arnav never responding to his words but just staring at his laptop... Getting confused, he moved towards him only to see the screen to be blank... Aman was surprised to see this change in Arnav... What happened to him?? Why was he staring at the blank screen of his laptop without turning it on...

Aman: ASR... (he called again while placing his palm on Arnav's shoulder)

Arnav came out of his thoughts when he felt Aman's palm on him... He then looked at Aman...

Aman: ASR, all okay?? (he asked not knowing what happened to Arnav so suddenly)

Arnav: nothing Aman... Shall we proceed to the meet...

Saying that, Arnav got up and left his cabin while Aman stood there thinking about this sudden change in Arnav... He never got lost in his thoughts till date... what happened to him today...? Coming out of his confusion, he followed Arnav quickly...

The meet went good and Arnav concentrated only on the presentations that were being given... He had some business talks and the meet got over after 2 more hours...

***

Arnav was sitting before his laptop and was replying to his mails... He needed a file to check few details... So he called Aman...

Arnav: Aman, get the Motwani's file to my cabin...

Aman agreed and Arnav continued with the other mails... After a while, Aman entered with a file in his hands... He handed the file to Arnav and Arnav started studying it...

Arnav(studying the file): OK... Send Khushi to my cabin... Few meetings should be rescheduled because of Akash's wedding in this week...

Aman was confused... How could he send Khushi when she was on leave... In fact, Arnav himself had informed him that Khushi would not be coming to office and asked him to take care of Khushi's job too...

Aman: but ASR... You knew that Khushi was on leave right...? (he expressed his doubts)

That was when Arnav came back to reality... How could he forget that...?

Arnav: oh yeah... How could I forget...

Arnav tried to ignore Khushi's thoughts but he couldn't...

Arnav: Aman, then do one thing... You reschedule my meetings and let me know... (he said to an already confused soul)

Though Aman wanted to ask Arnav about his absence of mind, he kept quiet and left the cabin...

As soon as Aman left, Arnav leaned backwards on his chair and closed his eyes... It seemed as if this Khushi Kumari Gupta had entered his mind and heart already... Every minute, he could only think about her... He could only see her face everywhere... He knew what he felt for her... and he started accepting those feelings too... but never ever he had expected that he would be disturbed to this extent by a girl... He knew she was not any random girl... She was Khushi Kumari Gupta... the only girl who managed to open the lock of his heart... A smile crept on his lips feeling these changes in him because of her... Whatever it is, he is enjoying this stage of his life...