chapter 49

Khushi's look

'Arnavji.... Arnavji....', called Khushi making Arnav come out of his stance.

Arnav: huuu...

Khushi: what happened?

Arnav: nothing.... Everything set?

Khushi (smiling): ha... Everything is set.. I know Anjaliji too loves this. (Khushi said with lot of amusement making her hands clap for once)

'Her smile....', thought Arnav.

Khushi: Arnavji, where is Anjaliji?? I think its time to welcome her.

Arnav: ha.... yeah... (It took some time for Arnav to recollect what Khushi just said) yeah, di would be here in few minutes.

Khushi: ok... I will call everyone to the hall and then we will switch off the lights.

Khushi fled away as soon as she told that and Arnav's eyes followed her until they could catch the sight of Khushi.

***

Anjali, along with Shyam entered Shantivan. It was all dark but there was some light coming from the centre of the hall. As soon as Anjali moved towards the source of the light, she could see the hall illuminating with diyas in the middle and those diyas were organized to form HBD ANJALI. A smile appeared on her lips. Very soon, the lights got turned on and everyone came forward.

'Janmdhen ke bahuth bahuth badai', all voices came at a time making Anjali to look over her surroundings....
(Everyone wished Anjali at the same time)

She immediately moved towards them followed by Shyam and then, her eyes took a look over the entire hall.

'Arrey wah!!! Kithna sundar hai!!!', she exclaimed with a smile.
('Wow!! How beautiful it is!!!', she exclaimed with a smile)

With a smile, Anjali turned towards her Nani and touched her feet to take blessings.

Nani: sada kush raho.... (Always stay happy)

Anjali(getting up): Nani, this room is very well decorated...

Nani: Khushi bitiya has organized everything.

Anjali's eyes searched Khushi and as soon as she found her, she moved towards Khushi.

Anjali(hugging Khushi): Thanks Khushiji, I really liked it.

Khushi(smiling): There are still many surprises awaiting you, Anjaliji.

Anjali gives a warm smile. Arnav moves towards Anjali.

Arnav: di.... come let's cut the cake.

Anjali nods her head with the smile still playing on her lips. All of them moves towards the stage and Anjali cuts the cake. She feeds the cake to her beloved 'Chotte' first. Arnav just takes a small bit keeping his diabetes in concern. Anjali then feeds the cake to Shyam followed by other family members including Khushi and Payal. The party continues for a while with few songs playing in the background while Anjali met few guests introduced by her husband and very few by her nani and mami. Cake was served to the guests along with jalebi made by Khushi and a cool drink. After a while, performances began and slowly guests also moved to have their dinner. Everyone liked the dinner very much... mainly the Lucknow people...😉. Arnav could hear the praises for the sweets especially for the jalebis. He could recollect what Khushi said....'You could hear everyone praising my food'..... A smile appeared on his lips..... 'She was indeed a great cook', thought Arnav.