chapter 25

Hello friends, sorry for this short update but I could do nothing. Semester exams are going on. So much portion and so much to read for the exams. Hope that you understand, Thank you:-)

*****

No way. She won't travel with him again. Morning's dose was far enough. So, she immediately rejected the offer.

Khushi: No need Anjaliji, I will manage. Anyways, I am habituated to all this. I will catch a bus and it won't take less than half-hour to reach my home.

Anjali: Khushiji, don't you dare deny me. Whichever bus you get in, it won't drop you at your door step and you know that. You should either take an auto or should go by walk, of which both are not a great idea in this dark night. So, stop arguing.

Akash came in middle of this uninvited discussion and shared his view.

Akash: I think Khushiji fear to travel with bhai. If it is the problem, then I would drop her at home.

Akash uttered those words and then, watched Arnav who was giving him an 'oh really' look.

Arnav: I think, you understood miss. Gupta's fears very much Akash. So, its better you drop her at home.

Akash: Correction, bhai. I understand the fear of every AR employee who works with you(he said with a smile).

Arnav: good luck then, Akash. You could set up a clinic to understand people's fears and curing them rather than working in AR.(he retorted)

Akash: not a bad idea bhai.(after giving a smile, he continued). By the way bhai, I thought you won't like to drop Khushiji at her home as I know you never picked up someone in your car to just drive them to their home unless its a work related thing or our family member.

Anjali: ohho Chotte, If not for you why would Akash intervene saying he would drop Khushiji at home? You think he wanted to see Payalji or buaji on the name of dropping Khushiji there? Isn't it Akash?

Anjali purposely stressed 'Payalji' making Akash look towards her suddenly. Anjali somehow guessed the reason behind Akash's sudden interest in going to Gupta house. So, she indirectly spoke what she wanted to. Poor Arnav didn't understand anything and so he agreed to what Anjali said.

Arnav: Ok then, as Akash would be dropping Khushi at her home, I would be moving to my room to finish off my work.

Saying that and giving a final look to Khushi, Arnav moves towards his room. Khushi too observes him for a while and turns her sight towards Akash and Anjali.

Akash(stammering):ha...ya...di...Of course, I am going to drop Khushiji at home because bhai won't like to do that.

Anjali(in a teasing tone): I know why you are ready to go. No need to explain me Akash. Ok, it will be late. Go and drop Khushiji at her home now.

Khushi bids bye to everyone without forgetting to take Naniji's blessings. Akash and Khushi starts moving out when Anjali speaks.

Anjali(in a loud voice so that Akash could hear): Don't forget to greet Payalji, Akash.

Saying that, Anjali giggles while Akash feels somewhat shy and dreamy. Khushi doesn't know anything. So she takes Anjali's words casually.

****

Akash dropped Khushi at their home and went inside Gupta house to greet the family or may be that one special lady, he wanted to wish for diwali. He went inside and found Payal lightning up a diya. She looked beautiful and Akash once again, couldn't stop his heart from beating fast. He moved towards her in a slow motion and that's when Payal noticed him. Payal was surprised to see Akash at their home. Khushi explained that Akash came to drop her as she worked in Raizada Mansion, that day. Payal thanked him for taking care of her sister. Akash gave Payal, the Diwali greetings and the same was returned to Akash by Payal with an additional smile. He was praising Khushi of how she helped them to decorate the house on this occassion of Diwali, when Buaji arrived there. He greeted Buaji too. Knowing, Akash is the one who helped them in those critical conditions, she thanked him and finally gave Diwali greetings. Akash enquired about Shashi Gupta's health and was happy to know that he was fine now and was being discharged from the hospital. Akash wanted to stay for a while, but he couldn't make everyone think that he was like a Tom waiting for Jerry to be caught. So, he bid bye to the Gupta's and left the house.

Payal felt very happy seeing Akash on the occasion. It was late night now and Buaji ordered them to go and sleep after hearing from Khushi of what had happened to Anjali today and how she had to make a back journey to Raizada Mansion. Buaji felt sorry for Anjali and blessed her to be happy for the entire life. Both, Khushi and Payal went to sleep.

****

Arnav was searching for a file in his room for an information he ought to share with Aman when, suddenly his eyes fell on a paper. Its the same letter which he found in his bag, a few days before. 'Chameli'- she is the one who wrote that letter. The owner of that letter seemed to be crazy yet lot of emotions were hidden in her. She might be the one whom that small boy referred as his 'jiji'. If she had seen me then, why she sent those papers through that boy. She could have directly handed over to me. With a slight smile, he placed that letter back in the cupboard and continued searching his file.

Arnav got the file and informed Aman the details which were necessary. Then, he moved to bed. He remembered Khushi. He remembered their first encounter in the morning. How beautiful she looked in that red sari. How he couldn't turn his eyes away from her. And then, her soothing words to Anjali. How she managed to evade the tension and bring a cool environment. How she organized everything for the festival. He felt as if an angel was lightning the diyas in his house. How many times he tried to prove her wrong? How many times he made her life miserable? How many times he had thrown harsh words at her? All came running into his mind. For the first time, he was feeling he might be wrong. With the same thoughts of Khushi, he drifted to sleep.

****

Next morning:

Arnav was about to enter Anjali's room when he heard her talking with Akash about Khushi. He stopped at the entrance.

Anjali: Akash, do you know anything about Khushiji's father? How is he now?

Akash: he is fine di. He has been discharged a day ago. But, it seems the family has to go through a lot. Its good that you have met Khushiji at the jewelry shop, that day.

Anjali: Khushiji is such a sweetheart. How could Devi Maiya make her go through all these? You don't know Akash, Khushiji suffered a lot since her childhood and now when she was finally trying to make everything normal in her family, that incident happened. It might have taken back all the strength she has collected till then. You know, she told me that she would return the entire amount we paid for the treatment, every month, in installments. I told there is no need to hurry and that she could hand over me the money back when all the problems settle down. But then, who could change her decision. She is not even ready to hear me.

Arnav who heard everything, understood that Anjali helped Khushi, in some money issues. He don't mind that but a doubt is running in his mind now.

'Is Khushi an innocent woman as everyone are thinking or does she has any hidden motive to trap his sister as her friend for money?'