chapter 61

Khushi walked towards her home, trying to keep aside all the other thoughts... She rang the bell and buaji opened the door...

Khushi(entering in): buaji, is jiji there in home..?

Buaji: ha... She is in her room... but...

Khushi(cutting her in middle): Buaji, I will talk to you later...

Khushi moved inside her room without hearing to Buaji... She saw Payal folding clothes and arranging them in the cupboard... Payal didn't even acknowledge her presence... She should start her drama, she thought...

Khushi: jiji...

Payal heard her scream and looked at Khushi...

Payal: Khushi, where did you go this early...?

Khushi: to Raizada mansion

Payal: Raizada mansion??? Why??

Khushi: Anjaliji sounded dull when I have talked with her on phone... That's why I thought to visit her once...

Payal: oh... was everything OK??

Khushi: no jiji... Akashji was behaving weirdly actually... I was shocked to know that he was leaving India for some time... and no one knew for how much time he wanted to be away from his family...

Payal(placing the folded dress on bed): what?? Why will Akashji leave India??

Khushi: I don't know jiji... Anjaliji said that Mamiji is pressurizing Akashji to get married since a long time... He always avoided that topic but never got angry... but this time, don't know what happened... he argued with mamiji and finally said that he was going to leave India... Anjaliji said that this was the first time he got hyper in that way and was leaving his family... I didn't know how to console her, jiji... She was literally crying... (She acted as if she was very sad)

Payal(panicking): Where is Akashji now...

Khushi: Mamiji asked him to stay back but he was saying that he needed a break and he wanted to be alone for some time... So all of them had to agree with heavy hearts... They were leaving to airport when I started to come to our house... I think, they might have reached airport by now... and he might board the flight in an hour...

Payal started panicking and she held her dupatta... She was not feeling well hearing that from Khushi...

Khushi: but I think there is something else which is bothering him, jiji... Otherwise why will such a cool person like him will take this decision only because of a small regular fight with his mother... What do you say...

Khushi observed Payal to be in some other world... Khushi could already guess of what would be running in Payal's mind...

Khushi: Buaji called me to her room, jiji... I will be back again...

Saying that, Khushi left her room while pressing her lips into a thin line to control her laugh...

Payal took her cell and dialled Akash, immediately... but no one answered the call... she tried again but received the same response...

***

In kitchen:

Khushi (munching a jalebi): wow Khushi, not bad... you are a very fine actor... (She said to herself proudly)

She saw Anjali calling her and she lifted the call...

Anjali: Khushiji, you know Payalji has called Akash...

Khushi: that's great Anjaliji... but you remember right... don't answer the call... let jiji take the next step...

Anjali: where is Payalji...? Has she started from home??