chapter 30

Arnav didn't like the feeling of someone staying hungry because of him. He should make Khushi to eat, anyway. But how? She is the one who arranged everything in the party and so she must be really tired. She should have her food. How? How? How?

As he was thinking, an idea struck his mind. He went in search of NK. He found NK standing with some girls with a drink in hand. Arnav moved towards NK.

Arnav: excuse me, if you don't mind I need to talk to NK for a while.

Arnav said those to the girls standing with NK and then, dragged NK along with him.

NK(after coming aside): owww, Nannav... What are you doing? Why did you get me here?

Arnav: If your flirting with those girls is over, then listen to me carefully. I want you to take and go food for Khushi.

NK(in a confusion): Khushiji? But why, Nannav? She might have eaten until now.

Arnav: No, she didn't.

NK: Nannav, she even asked me whether I would accompany her. But, I had to meet one of my friends and I said her to carry on. Di and Khushiji went to eat, after that.

Arnav(gritting his teeth as his patience died): No NK, she denied eating food. So, will you please stop talking and make Khushi to eat?

NK: ok Nannav, as you say.

Arnav fills a plate with some food items and gives it to NK.

NK: Nannav, why don't you put jalebi too in this plate. Khushiji likes them a lot.

Arnav with an angry glare, keeps a jalebi in the plate.

Arnav: and one more thing NK, don't you even dare to take my name in front of Khushi that I made you go to her with this plate ( he warned)

NK: as you say Ravan...(Nk understands his mistake, so he immediately covers it up) sorry,  I mean as you say, Nannav.

NK immediately escapes from Arnav with the plate in his hands. He finds Khushi at a corner of the hall and moves towards her.

NK: Hey, Khushiji..

Khushi (turning towards NK): Nanheji? (Khushi observes the plate in his hand) Why are you carrying this plate?

NK: Its for you, Khushiji. I know you haven't eaten anything. So, without arguing have this food.

Khushi: but Nanheji, I don't want to eat now.

NK: What is this Khushiji? Today is my birthday. You should fulfill my wish today, instead you are just denying my wish. This is not fair.

Khushi(smiling): Ok, I should eat this now, that's it? ( She questions)

NK: yaa

Khushi took the plate and was about to have her first byte when she remembered something.

Khushi: but Nanheji, how did you know that I haven't had my dinner?

NK: vo....vo.....(he thought for few seconds before answering) Khushiji, how could I don't know about my dearest friend?

Khushi: Such mein(Really) Nanheji, Its my pleasure to have you as my friend.

NK: Ohho Khushiji, now stop talking and start eating....

Khushi smiles and is about to have the first bite of the puri when NK interferes again.

NK: aha....Khushiji, not that.

Khushi stares at NK being confused. But when NK takes a jalebi from the plate and places it in her mouth, she understands what he meant. Happily, she finishes her dinner. But there are 2 pairs of eyes watching them. One of them with both contentment and jealousy and the other with anger, making plans in his own evil brain.