chapter 64

Next day:

Khushi went to office and was fully prepared to face Arnav... As usual, she entered into his cabin with a coffee mug in her hands... Arnav just continued typing in his laptop without even looking at her... Khushi, who expected few harsh words never came from his mouth... She got surprised...

Arnav: I think, you have more important work than staring at me, miss. Gupta...

Khushi came out of her stance and left his cabin...

***

After a while, Khushi who was checking few files got a call from Arnav to meet him immediately... She thought for a while... looked here and there... and then left to his cabin...

Arnav's cabin:

Khushi: may I come in, sir...

Arnav: yeah... miss. Gupta... please, come in...

Khushi entered noticing some difference in Arnav's behaviour...

Arnav: miss. Gupta, you know that we need to see few sites in Mumbai, right...

Khushi: yes sir...

Arnav: you and Aman are going to see them... you both would be leaving tomorrow...

Khushi: what...? (she asked being utterly shocked)

Arnav: what happened?? why are you so shocked??

Khushi: did you forget??? jiji and Akashji are going to get engaged, day after tomorrow...

Arnav: so what?? I have said not to take leave for your marriage only, then how could you expect that I would let my work get delayed because of your sister's wedding...

Khushi: but this is your brother's marriage too...

Arnav: don't worry, I don't have any work... I am going to attend it, anyways...

Khushi: and what about me?? It's my jiji's engagement, day after tomorrow... and my family needs me to look after all the preparations...

Arnav: it's your problem of how you could manage both... and one more thing Miss. Khushi Kumari Gupta, don't expect me to be lenient for your marriage... you might get more work than this, those days...

Khushi: I know, Mr. Raizada... and don't worry, I won't let my marriage affect my work... I promise...

Arnav: great... If you don't have any issues for your own marriage, you shouldn't have even now... be ready for tomorrow's trip and you could leave now...

Khushi: but...

Arnav(cutting her in middle): aren't your ears working properly... I said to leave...

Khushi stamps her feet on the ground with anger and leaves...

***

Gupta house:

Khushi arrives from the office and finds her Amma and Bapuji in hall...

Khushi: Amma... Bapuji... (being excited, she hugs them both) Bapuji, how are you feeling now...

Shashi: better than ever bitiya... How are you...?

Khushi: masth... but you forgot your Chameli, right... I said to call me when you reach Delhi... I would have received you guys from station...

Garima: arey, we wanted to give a surprise to our Chameli... that's why, we didn't say... we would have missed this spark in your face otherwise...