chapter 23

Sorry, for the delay friends. From now on, I would be updating irregularly and the chapter length might be small too. Please, bear these changes for 1 month because I have exams. Thank you for all who voted and commented on my story 😘

Arnav's phone call has broken the silence prevailing in the car, since few minutes. He answered it via Bluetooth. 

Arnav: hello....

He waited for the other person to speak. As soon as he heard his Nani's frightened tone, he became alert. He stopped the car aside. Khushi turned to face him in a confusion.

Arnav: Nani what happened? Why are you so tensed?

He heard whatever his Nani said and then, he immediately reversed his car's direction, cutting the call.

Khushi couldn't understand why he was driving back again. But she guessed something was surely not right. That's why he was tensed after receiving Naniji's call. She could see how tensed her boss was. But for what??? Should she ask him?  She was the one who decided not to speak with him unless its an official talk. But, she couldn't control herself from asking him the reason behind their back journey.

Khushi(in a slow voice): Is everything alright, sir? Why are we travelling back?

Arnav ignored her questions and he just concentrated on the road thinking about what Nani said. He increased the speed and Khushi could only close her eyes gulping down the fear. Arnav was not even in a condition to notice how Khushi was feeling due to the increased speed. He just drove the car quickly, back to Delhi.

Arnav's car halted infront of Raizada Mansion and he got down the car immediately, followed by Khushi. He hurried into the house where as Khushi entered in a complete confusion of what was happening. She stopped in the midway seeing Akash and then, moved towards him.

Khushi: Akashji(she called a tensed Akash)

Akash turned to face her.

Khushi: What happened Akashji? Why all of you are so tensed?

Akash: Khushiji, di got injured at the temple, today.

Khushi: what??? How? Where is Anjaliji now?

Akash: in her room.

Khushi( tensed): Can I meet her.

Akash: ya, come with me.

Both Khushi and Akash moved towards Anjali's room.

As soon as Khushi reached the door of the room, she witnessed the scene which she never expected. Arnav was kneeling down on the floor beside the bed where Anjali sat and he seemed as if he was controlling himself, not to cry. She shifted her gaze towards Anjali and saw her weeping, placing a palm on Arnav's head. Her forehead had been bandaged.

Anjali: Chotte, I am fine...

Arnav: I could see how fine you are, di.

Anjali: Its a small injury, Chotte. Don't worry. By the way, see the other way na. Its my good luck that I ended up with this injury otherwise..