chapter 37

Arnav moved towards his room and stood near the poolside. His eyes were fixed on the still water while his thoughts were revolving around Khushi.

Arnav(in his mind): Khushi's parents died......?Her mother killed herself???? Why did she never said that to me before? (Pause) Oh come on Arnav, when did you give her a chance to tell about her past? You are always behind her to make her life even difficult. How could you even expect that? But still, I should have known about her somehow ......atleast I would have not told those words to her (He said to himself).

Arnav thought for few seconds and moved into his room and picked his cell to call Khushi. The call got connected. As soon as it got connected, Arnav started speaking.

Arnav: Khushi..... I know I shouldn't have talked in that way, morning. The situation made me to.....(Arnav's words stopped in middle as the person on the other side started speaking)

'Hello Nanda Kishore, who is speaking? And what happened in the morning?' came a voice from the other end.

Arnav's eye balls rolled sideways and after a while, he realized that he was speaking with wrong person.

Arnav: I am Arnav Singh Raizada. Can I have a talk with Khushi Kumari Gupta?

Buaji(happily): Oh so you are that Raizada who helped our Shashi babua, right?

While Arnav got confused with buaji's words, she continued.

Buaji: You are the boss of Sankadevi, right? I mean our Khushi's boss na?

Arnav: yes aunty.... Where is Khushi?

Buaji: Oh, she was sleeping. Shall I wake her up?

Arnav: no no aunty, Its okay, I will call her later.

Buaji: ok babua, come to home sometimes, ok? I can't forget how much you and your sister, Anjali helped us.

Arnav: ooookk...(he said in a half understood state)

He cut the call.

Arnav: I think I should talk to her directly at the office tomorrow but then he remembered his words

'Miss. Gupta, you need not have to come to office, even to give your resignation.'

Arnav(in his thoughts): What if she not comes? No no... I have told her that she could continue with her job, when I dropped her at her home. Then why won't she come?

With that belief, he went to bed and tried to sleep. Arnav also thought about that person who wanted his di to be kidnapped and what that person needed.

Next day early morning in Gupta house:

Buaji: arey oo Sankadevi, what happened? Why are you preparing too many jalebis at a time?

Khushi never heard her and continued with her jalebi making program. Buaji held her hand and made Khushi to face her.

Buaji: What are you doing, Sankadevi? Why you became so upset after hearing about your boss call?

Khushi: Buaji, firstly... you will say those things which would make me upset or tensed and then, you will ask what happened to me. Let me prepare my jalebi now.

Buaji: hayyy, what is there in that to get tensed if I informed you about that call.

Khushi: Leave it buaji, you won't understand.

Buaji: why? Did you do some mistake? And why are you not getting ready to go to office?

Khushi thought for few minutes and ran away from there without even answering buaji, after turning off the stove.