chapter 92

Finally, pre-marriage rituals got started... Arnav and Khushi were very happy that a beautiful future was waiting for them...

It's Khushi's mehendi function, today... She is looking really very cute in her maroon saree... Simple yet beautiful... Khushi challenged Arnav saying he couldn't meet her and see her mehendi at all... And now, how could Arnav back out...

Mehendi got done on Khushi's palms... Khushi watched both her palms with Arnav's name beautifully engraved on one of them and a smile played on her lips... She looked at her cell expecting Arnav's call... He didn't talk with her since yesterday... Since she challenged him, she thought he would directly see her irrespective of family members protests... but no... He didn't even call her still... Khushi pouted thinking about Arnav... Soon, all of them started dancing while Khushi was all sad even when Anjali made her stand at the centre and asked her to dance... Anjali suppressed her smile and asked Khushi to look upwards... A confused Khushi looked up only to see Arnav standing there and staring at her with a smile... A big smile appeared on Khushi's lips immediately... But soon she realized that he didn't try to talk with her since yesterday... She stopped smiling and pressed her lips together, faking anger... She moved from the dance floor and walked away from Arnav's sight... She walked towards kitchen, drank a glass of water and started murmuring after few seconds of time...

Khushi: Laad governor... Now, why would he care for me... He knew, I am going to marry him anyways and that is why he is taking me light... Arey, here I am thinking how he would meet me in front of all the family members  and there, he is not even giving me a call... not even missing me... seems like his interest on me got decreased... Lavanyaji is right... men become less romantic as days passes...

Khushi blurted out every complain she had against Arnav and stopped only to feel her heart beat increasing...

Khushi(placing her palm over her heart and speaking): Now why are you beating so fast... It's not like Arnavji... (she realized the possibility and turned around)

Khushi saw Arnav leaning over the wall with his crossed arms... He was giving her a lopsided smile and Khushi got nervous...

Khushi: Aa... Arna... Arnavji... (she uttered with difficulty)

Arnav: hmm...

Saying that, Arnav started taking steps towards her while Khushi was still nervous... Their eye contact never got broken and Arnav stood in front of Khushi within seconds...

Arnav: what did you say... (he asked huskily while his breathe fanned on Khushi's face)

Khushi: I... I... (she stammered)

Arnav: you what Khushi...

Khushi: I don't know... I should go...

Khushi thought to walk away but Arnav blocked her way with his two hands placed on the kitchen slab, caging her between his arms... Arnav's face moved forwards while Khushi too moved back in sync... There was just an inch gap between their lips and Arnav's whole body was almost touching Khushi's... Khushi could feel her stomach churning...

Arnav: so, I am unromantic... (she could feel his breathe on the corner of her lips)

Khushi: Nnnn... Nooo...

Arnav: just now you made a statement that I am unromantic... Let us check how much truth that statement contains...

Khushi gulped and stared into Arnav's eyes while Arnav gave a winning smile... Arnav aimed at her lips but Khushi turned her head sideways and tried to take a step... Arnav never allowed her to move... Khushi lacked breathe when Arnav gripped her waist and made her to face him again through his fingers...