chapter 60

Next day, Khushi was all in thinking mode. She always remembered the dream which she dreamt, the previous night. Buaji saw a heap of jalebis in the kitchen when she woke up. She knew who had done those jalebis. She nodded her head while thinking that Sankadevi would never change. When she entered her room to ask about the same, she saw Khushi getting ready for her office but she wore her sandals in a reverse way.

Buaji(placing her palm on her forehead): hay re Nandakisore... This Sankadevi's craziness is getting increased day by day... What should I do with this girl...

Khushi who heard Buaji, turned her head in that direction and saw her coming towards her.

Buaji: Sankadevi, do you have any idea of walking in the streets by wearing your sandals in the reverse way...?

Khushi: what?? No...

Buaji: then, what is this?? (She asked pointing towards her feet)

Khushi followed the direction and saw her sandals...

'Haaaawww!!', she exclaimed while opening her mouth slightly. She then bit her tongue while she closed her eyes.

Khushi (opening her eyes): Buaji, I am in a hurry na, that's why it happened...

Buaji: ha, you are in so much hurry that you didn't even feel it while walking... Hey na... ?(She asked sarcastically) and those jalebis... they have fallen from sky, right...

Khushi: Buaji, we didn't eat jalebis since many days right... So, I thought to make them once...

Buaji: Sankadevi, you have eaten them just 2 days back.... forgot?? Payal brought them for you...

Khushi: Buaji it was twooo days back... I wanted to eat them again... So I made them... and now if your inquiry session got over, shall I go to office.

Buaji: office?? You need to work on Sundays also??

Khushi: no why??

Buaji: then why are you planning to go to office Parameswari?? Today is Sunday... Please give your brain some work... (She said hitting Khushi's forehead slightly with her fingers) If I stay with you even for a minute more, I will surely become mad... (Saying that Buaji left the room)

Khushi(hitting her own head): Khushi, thu bhi na... Is it necessary to prove yourself as mad to Buaji... (She said to herself)

Suddenly her face lit up with a smile.

Khushi(to herself): today, I don't need to go to office... which means I don't have to see the face of that Laad Governor... I would be away from him and his thoughts at least for today. Thank you Devi Maiya... Thank you very much...

Khushi's cell started ringing and she saw Anjali's name displaying on it. Khushi took the cell and answered it.

Khushi: ha Anjaliji...

Anjali: Khushiji, could you please come to home, now..?

Khushi: what... why??

Anjali: I can't tell you that on phone, Khushiji... Please come here...

Khushi: Anjaliji... vo...

Khushi couldn't continue further as she was not able to hear anything from the other side.

Khushi: Anjaliji.... Anjaliji... Hello...

She observed the call to be cut.

Khushi (to herself): hey Devi Maiya, what is this..? I thought I won't see the face of him today but... you are finally making me to meet him only... This is not fair...