chapter 28

Khushi understood Arnav was purposely doing this to make her life a hell as he said before. She just kept staring at him with an unbelievable look.

Arnav: What? Why are you staring at me? Remember, miss. Gupta the party should be as perfect as I am. Everything should be set perfectly starting from welcoming the guests to arranging wine in the party.

Khushi: wine?????

Arnav: yes miss. Gupta,  wine. Why, is there any problem? By the way, you don't have enough time. Start the arrangements. Also, your friend NK should not be disappointed. Keep that in mind.

Khushi(to herself): hey Devi Maiya, now I should arrange wine too.....?

Khushi starts biting her nails. Arnav side smiles observing her situation.

Arnav(clicking his fingers before her): hello miss. Gupta, wake up from your dreamland and start the arrangements. You hardly have a day.

Khushi got up slowly and was walking towards the cabin door, thinking about the party when Arnav called her again.

Arnav: miss. Gupta...(Khushi turned to face him while he continued) Remember, everything should be perfect.

By hearing those words, little fear has grown in Khushi's mind. She went to her cubicle and took her seat. She thought for a while and then continued with her work. She completed her work very soon and left the office prior an hour, only after informing Aman.

After 3 hours in Raizada Mansion:

Arnav entered the hall loosening his tie. He was about to move to his room when he heard her voice. The same voice which always opposed him. He knew who it was. He immediately, followed the voice and it led to his sister, Anjali's room.

Arnav: Oh, so you are here leaving the office (he spoke as soon as he entered)

Both Khushi and Anjali who are smiling until then, turned their heads hearing Arnav's voice.

Arnav(entering in): You already made my di fall in your trap. What else are you trying to do now.

Anjali: Chotte, stop talking nonsense.

Khushi: let him Anjaliji. I am habituated to those taunts. Those won't effect me now.

Arnav: Stop your drama miss. Gupta, will you? Firstly, you left your work place beforehand and then, you came here to make my sister fall in your trap by your sweet talks.

Anjali(loosing her calm): stop it Chotte. Khushiji was here to do your job, the one which you assigned her. She was asking about NK's likes and dislikes so that she could organize the party, the next day.

The rudeness with which he spoke until now, started melting down. He slowly became calm.

Arnav: If it was the case, why can't you take permission before leaving the office.

Khushi: I informed Aman sir, Mr. Raizada. If you want, you could clarify that yourself.

Khushi(turning towards Anjali): Anjaliji, I should leave now. I would talk to you later.

Anjali nods and Khushi leaves without even looking at Arnav while Arnav observes her until she leaves the room.

Arnav: di...

He calls Anjali but she ignores him and acts as if she is neatening the bedsheets.

Arnav: Oh come on di, now you will avoid me because of that woman. She left the office without informing me and that's why....