chapter 17

'How could that happen!',she exclaimed. As far as she remembered, she has saved the file. So many thoughts are running in her mind, at present. Has she not saved the file? But how could that happen, when she perfectly remember saving it.

' Or any other member in the office has done it, in her absence', she thought. But its the first day in her office and who would have enmity with her, just in a day?

She thought for a while, biting her nails and then, started her work. She started typing again from the start with a fallen face. This time, she used the pendrive to save her work in it too, so that it won't repeat again.

Khushi is working continuously since 3 hours. She observed the time and found that its already 5:20 pm. It would take half-hour to reach Raizada mansion and she could not afford going late again to hear that laad governor's tantrums. So she fastly saved her work, captured in the pen drive too and took it with her while hurrying towards Arnav's cabin. She didn't find him in his cabin and so informed Aman and moved outside the office.

As soon as she went outside, she saw Arnav. He too watched her and moved towards her.

Khushi: sir, I am leaving office so that I could reach your home by 6:00p.m.

Arnav: OK, be at my home without any delay. I think you don't require any lift from your boss. But if you have any dream of travelling in a luxurious car, you can fulfill it now. You might not get the chance again.

Khushi was irritated to see this man in front of her, who would never leave a chance to talk about her status. But she stayed calm.

Khushi: Thank you for your offer sir, but I don't have any such dreams and specially those dream which includes travelling along with my boss.

Arnav: I understand. How could you even dream of the one which would never be true. You can't take it when its not true. I am glad that you thought wisely and declined my offer, as people of only certain class will have their seat in my car and travel along with me.

Khushi: If you don't mind Mr. Raizada, I would listen about this class and status speech of yours, after reaching the mansion. Otherwise, I will have to hear an other lecture from you, for not reaching on time, as I need to travel through a bus unlike you, who could afford a car and could offer lift to high class people.

By saying this, Khushi moved outside, to catch a bus quickly while Arnav angrily drove his car towards the Raizada Mansion.

Raizada mansion:

Arnav reached RM and moved towards his room. After a while, Khushi entered Raizada Mansion. Anjali who was passing nearby, noticed her and moved towards Khushi who was panting heavily.

Anjali: Khushiji??? You here? And why are you panting?

Khushi: Hi Anjaliji. Nothing much. Arnav sir called me here.

Anjali(smiling): good that Chotte has called you here. I don't know how I forgot to call you to the party.

Khushi smiles.

Khushi: koi baath nahi hey Anjaliji. I should meet sir, first. May I know where he is?

Anjali: you leave about him Khushiji. I consider you as my friend and so you should attend this party like a family member but not as a servant. So, get ready first and then continue with your job.

Khushi: no no Anjaliji, I can't take a risk. I should meet him first. And I don't even have a dress to wear.

Anjali: you don't worry, Khushiji. I will talk to Chotte and regarding dress, I have already thought of one, which will suit you. You will look more beautiful in that. Come with me.

Inspite of Khushi's disagreement, Anjali dragged her to the guest room. She offered a green pink lehenga to her and forced Khushi to wear that. Anjali left the room saying Khushi to wear the ornaments too, which she kept on the dressing table.

Finally, Khushi got readied in that lehenga. The ornaments, she wore had made her face to glow even more. She watched the time and rushed towards Anjali to know where Arnav is?

As soon as she entered the hall, she saw Anjali and Nani talking with each other and moved towards them.

Khushi: Namasthe Naniji.(khushi joined her palms greeting nani)

Nani turned and saw Khushi standing beside her. Nani smiled at Khushi.

Nani: Namasthe Khushi bitiya. You are looking great today but there is something missing.

Anjali: Khushiji, why are you doing like this. Why dont you ready completely? Come with me(by saying this Anjali dragged Khushi again towards the guest room excusing herself from nani).

As soon as they entered, Anjali made Khushi to sit on the stool in front of the mirror and took out a box from the cupboard.

Khushi: Anjaliji, I should meet sir or else he will get angry on me. Let me go.

Anjali: no need to worry Khushiji, I will talk to him.

Giving the required assurance, Anjali applied a small bindi on Khushi's forehead after applying a slight makeup to her. She also curled Khushi's hair. Totally, Khushi looked perfect now.

Anjali: perfect, now you look like our family member Khushiji.

Khushi: Anjaliji, I am feeling quite unnatural. Its a party in your home and I came here as per sir's order to just work here. But.....

Anjali(cutting off Khushi): never say that Khushiji. I always feel connected to you. You are my friend and I feel you as a part of my family.

Khushi: but....

Anjali: no more ifs and buts Khushiji. Come, let us move to the hall.

Both the women moved to the hall. As soon as Khushi entered, so many people stared at her. 'She looked beautiful'. No one could reject that statement.

She stood at a place along with Anjali where all the Raizadas are present. She greeted them all with a smile. She was about to ask about her boss again, when he himself arrived there.

Actually, Arnav got readied in his three piece black suit. He thought, Khushi would arrive in time but as he didn't know that she couldn't meet him, he thought, she hasn't come to mansion yet.
He thought to taunt her for not coming to party on time as per his orders. He moved downwards to start the party. While, he was moving down the stairs, he watched Khushi entering the hall.

 While, he was moving down the stairs, he watched Khushi entering the hall

He was stunned to see her. 'Beautiful', was the only word which escaped his lips. Fortunately, no one stood near him, to hear what he said. After Anjali and Khushi walked towards his other family members, he too moved in that direction with a rabbave playing in the background.

https://youtu.be/8ThqAWEHK48

(Here the rabba ve music to feel the situation).

Arnav slowly moved towards Khushi and stood beside her. That's when Khushi saw him and turned to face him. Arnav felt like his heart beat was going on increasing second by second and finally when she stood very close to him, face to face, he couldn't even blink his eyes. He could only stare at her with an open mouth.