chapter 5

Khushi starts biting her nails thinking about Arnav and her eyes glued to a place.

Anjali : Khushiji...Khushiji...(she pats on Khushi's shoulders)

Khushi(coming out of her thoughts) : Ha...

Anjali : What happened? What are you thinking about?

Khushi: nothing Anjaliji(she stammers)

'nahi..nahi...nahi...that rakshas and these people doesn't have any similarities. How can fire be similar to ice',she thinks. She finally agrees with her own conclusion and smiles.

Payal: I think Devi Maiya's arthi would start now. Shall we move in.

Everyone nod their heads and walks into the temple.

***

Raizada mansion:

Arnav enters the house with a bag in his hand and starts moving towards his room only to be stopped by his Nani.

Nani : Chotte, I need to talk to you.

Arnav nods his head and both of them gets seated in the living room.

Nani : Chotte, you need to stay at home tomorrow.

Arnav : not again Nani, aur waise bhi kal humein bahuth kham hey.(I have so much work tomorrow). I need to go to office.

Nani : I don't want to hear anything chotte. If you only concentrate on your work then, when will you settle in your life?

Arnav : For your information Nani, I have already settled well in my life.

Nani : I am talking about settling with a life partner.(she says more seriously)

Arnav : Nani please, don't start again. I badly need a cold shower now and I have an important meeting tomorrow. So, please excuse me(saying this he gets up and moves towards his room)

Nani sighs and decides to talk to Anjali about this. Only she can convince him.

***

Temple:

After the completion of the arthi, they sits at a place in the temple and continues talking.

Payal : Anjaliji, your smile is very nice.

Anjali(smiling) : Thank you

Akash(murmers) : your's too Payalji.

Anjali notices Akash all the while looking at Payal.

Anjali : Khushiji, I know you need a job badly. Why can't you try in the office where Akash is working.

Khushi : But Anjaliji, you know I don't have a proper degree then, how can I..

Akash : You don't worry Khushiji. Tell me whether you know typing and operating a computer?

Khushi : Ha, I know that.

Akash : then, don't worry you will get a job.

Khushi : but Akashji, are you sure that I can handle the type of work in your office?(she asked nervously not knowing what to say)

Akash : I am sure that you can, from whatever I had heard about you from di. She told me about you yesterday and also that you needed a job.

Anjali : Khushiji, just accept it. Akash will also be working in the same office. So, you will feel better there.

Khushi : I will ask Buaji and let you know Anjaliji.

Anjali(smiling) : very good. I think Buaji will not stop you.

Khushi : Thank you Anjaliji. I can never forget this help.

Anjali : Don't be so formal Khushiji. 'a friend in need is a friend indeed' , I think you know that.

Both of them smile. All the four continues talking and after a while, Payal and Khushi decides to go. But, Anjali refuses to let them go in an auto and says that Akash would drive towards their home. Anjali notices Akash who seemed to be happy after they agreed for taking the lift. Both Gupta sisters are being dropped at their home. Khushi asks them to come inside but they declines. Akash gives them his number saying that it may be required for Khushi and then drives the car towards Raizada mansion.

***

Gupta house:

Khushi tells Buaji about her job offer and explains her everything about Anjali and Akash. Buaji readily agrees and is very happy that finally she can see a ray of light in their dark lives.

At night, Payal and Khushi moves towards their room after having dinner.

Khushi : Jiji, I am very happy now. Anjaliji and Akashji are very sweet people.

Payal : Ha Khushi, they are. But now we should call and tell them that Buaji had accepted .

Khushi : Ha Jiji, we also don't know any of the details of the office.

Payal : ok then, call them now otherwise, it would be late.

Khushi takes her phone to call Anjali.

***

Raizada mansion:

Arnav is working on the laptop checking some of the mails. He gets up,moves towards his bed, opens his bag and takes out the papers and files in it. He remembers that little boy's little conversation with him. He starts rearranging all the papers to keep it in the file safely when he sees a folded paper in it. He opens it and finds that it is a letter. It's a hand-written letter and definitely not his belonging.