chapter 53

Next day:

Khushi reached AR an hour ago so that she could complete the work before time and then, she could move out early to meet Amit. Arnav entered his office and giving a look to Khushi, he left to his cabin while Khushi too observed him, feeling his presence. For few fraction of seconds, Khushi's mind got diverted... but she thought about her resolution of not thinking about Arnav and concentrated on her work.

The entire day went with Arnav and Khushi not seeing each other. She placed his coffee in his cabin just before his arrival and from then, she never got to enter his cabin while Arnav too never called her. Khushi completed her work for that day. She packed her things so that she could meet Amit and then, go to her home quickly. She thought of informing Aman that she wanted to leave and thus moved towards his cabin. She knocked the door and entered.

Khushi: Amanji, I need to go now. I have some important work. I have completed my work for today. So please, may I leave now...

Aman: Khushi, I think you should ask ASR... because, he might need you any time.

Gulping, Khushi just nodded her head and started moving towards Arnav's cabin.

'Hey Devi Maiya, give me enough strength to be normal before him', prayed Khushi and knocked his cabin door.

'Come in', said Arnav without noticing Khushi but he could feel her presence... in fact his day never got over without hearing to her anklets sound since the time she joined in his office. He raised his head slowly.

Khushi (tucking her hair behind her ear): sir, I have completed my work for today...(pause)... I have some important work... So, please may I take your leave for today???

Arnav: what is that important work?? (He asked as if he has that authority to ask)

Khushi: sorry sir, its personal.

Arnav gritted his teeth and answered her back.

Arnav: then, you should know that personal works should be done after office hours, miss. Gupta...

Khushi: but I have completed my work for today...

Arnav: who said...

Arnav took some files and placed them on the table.

Arnav: read the contents of these files and make a brief report... and if you still have some time left, you should concentrate on AR's growth. I want all my staff to think only about AR when they are in my office. I think, you got it.

Khushi nodded her head in irritation and left his cabin taking those files while Arnav wondered what that personal work was.

Khushi moved towards her cubicle. She should wait for an hour more... Angrily, she placed those files on her table.

Khushi (to herself): Laad Governor, patha nahi kya khake paida hua hey... Gussa toh hamesha naak pe rehtha hey... Zaroor bachpan mein zyada mirchi kha liya hoga kyun ki meeta tho vo kha nahi saktha... (Don't know, eating what he turned out like this... His anger always stays on his nose... For sure, he ate so many chilli's in his childhood because he couldn't eat sweets anyways)

Saying that, Khushi started her work in irritation but she didn't miss to call Amit and tell him that she would be late as an urgent work came up... Amit agreed to her instantly, saying he could understand her work pressure which made Khushi to take a sigh of relief and concentrate on her work. He also said that he would pick her up after an hour at her work place. Khushi agreed to him reluctantly. An hour passed and Khushi was engrossed in her work without looking at time and without realizing that the office hours got over and all the employees left... Arnav climbed down and noticed Khushi to be busy with the work he assigned her. This was one of the quality he liked in her... She never had shown disinterest or negligence towards her work.... She completed every work assigned to her, within time.. He remembered when she first joined in his office, how he used to wait for one chance wherein he could taunt her for committing some mistake... but it never happened... She always done everything perfectly and never gave him a chance.... and of course, this was the only matter where Arnav and Khushi both have some similarities... work... Stopping his train of thoughts, he moved towards Khushi's cubicle.