chapter 16

Sorry for the late update guys. Enjoy the story and please do mention how you feel reading the story so that I come to know how my story is? Thank you for all who continuously reads my every update and responds to it.

*****

Khushi took the blessings of her Devi Maiya to be with her and support her always. She also wished her first day to be perfect in her office without any mistakes. She prayed to Devi Maiya, took prasad and climbed down the steps. Once she reached the exit, she searched for her footwear but couldn't find them. She searched the surrounding area too, but couldn't find them. How could she go to office now? She thought for a while. She had only 2 options now. To buy a new pair of them or to go home, wear other set of sandals and return again. But it would take a long time to go and come back.

She took an auto and went to nearby footwear shop. She bought a new pair which are of low cost as she didn't bring a huge amount. She counted the remaining money and managed to go to office.

****

She was standing before the office in which she had to work from now on and that too with a khadoos and akdoo boss. She checked her watch and rushed inside. As advised by Akash, she headed towards Aman's cabin, to know what she should do.

Aman's cabin:

Khushi was about to ask permission to enter when she got a shock, seeing the person in the cabin. 'Arnav Singh Raizada in Aman sir cabin!!! He ought to be at home today, didn't he? Then, why is he in the office?' she thought. She opened her mouth slightly in surprise and was still holding the knob of the door.

Arnav saw her standing there.

Arnav: come in miss. Gupta.

Khushi entered into the cabin, coming out of her thoughts and stood before him.

Arnav: late for the office....on the first day itself....(he said this, closing the file he is concentrating on and looking at her). Miss. Khushi Kumari Gupta, what I heard about you didn't match what I see now. Well, I don't bear people who are late for even 10 sec and here you are already 10 min late now.

Khushi: sorry sir, but I went to temple today, and so I was late.

Arnav: I have seen you there, miss. Gupta. But I think you had enough time to reach office from there, don't you? Now, don't tell me another story that you lost your footwear.

Khushi (widening her eyes and in surprise manner): exactly sir, that's what happened!!!!

Arnav: oh ok, completed your story? Don't be late. This is one of the most disciplinary quality, a worker should possess. Even a lazy person, comes early to work on their first day and you are making stories on the first day itself. Sorry to say, but di guessed wrong about you.

Khushi doesn't know what to speak now. If he was not her boss and she his employee, she would have answered him back. But as of now, she should shut her mouth from saying anything.

Khushi: sorry sir, it won't repeat again.

Arnav: we will see that too.

Saying that, Arnav calls Aman to come to his own cabin. Aman enters after a while. As soon as he enters, Arnav speaks.