chapter 82

Arnav pulled back from the hug...

Arnav: Naina?? You here??

Naina passed a smile to him and looked at Khushi finally...

Naina: Khushi invited me and Nitya... for Akash and Payal's marriage... (she said with a smile)

Naina turned towards Khushi and hugged her...

Naina: it's been years that I have seen you last time... How are you Khushi??

Khushi(smiling): I am fine, Naina... but where is Nitya and how did you get here??

Naina: Nitya was going to your home but I couldn't wait to see Arnie and Akki... So, I came here directly from the airport...

Arnav: very nice decision, Naina...

Khushi gave a cold stare to Arnav and looked at Naina again...

Naina(smiling): I don't want your compliment... Now that I am here, I need full entertainment... I will ask Nitya to join us after meeting Payal... Anyways, as Khushi is here, I could expect lot of masthi(enjoyment) happening already...

Arnav: no Naina... It was totally dull until now... It was after your entry that the environment got really cool...

Khushi got irritated.. This was limits now... How could he indirectly point out that her presence was boring and that too in front of Naina...

Naina: wow, you are praising me...? The Arnav I knew, never praised people... Good to see these changes, you know... (she giggled)

Arnav too gave a lopsided smile while looking at an irritated Khushi... Khushi left the place not able to bear anything more... Arnav was still looking at Khushi who was descending the stairs when Naina called him...

Naina: Arnie... Arnie... (she called him while patting his shoulder)

Arnav looked at her while Naina continued...

Naina: I never saw you this distracted, before... Was there something that I should know...? (she asked while narrowing her eyes)

Arnav(coming out of Khushi's thoughts): no... You tell me... How are you and how is your life going...?

Naina: I am fine... I can't handle this fashion industry, you know... So, I am trying to do something different in my life... Something which could make me happy... like teaching...

Arnav: oh, I thought so... You always had that passion towards it...

Naina smiled and Arnav continued...

Arnav: I hope Nitya has no problem in attending this marriage... You know, she had a crush on Akash... So...

Naina(cutting him off): don't worry Arnie... Payal herself had invited us for this marriage even after knowing what Nitya felt for Akash once... because it was all past... More over, It was just a crush... not love...

Naina watched Arnav smiling at her comment on love...

Naina: I can't believe this... I thought, you will argue or at least you will ignore... but you surprised me... You are smiling... Seriously?? (she asked getting surprised)

Arnav: but why??

Naina: don't you remember how you used to be... You never liked someone talking about love... You always warned us against it... and after Pooja and Varun's break up, you... (she stopped in middle thinking what she just blurted out... Why did she even brought the topic of Varun... She regretted)

She noticed the changes in Arnav's expressions...

Naina: I am sorry, Arnie... I shouldn't have...