chapter 24

Khushi was walking in the search of her boss, in the hall when she found him.

Khushi(in mind): Be strong, Khushi. You have already decided that, no matter what, you would never bear his hurtful words, he throws at you. You should oppose him whenever he insults you or speaks rashly with you. Did you forget how that girl named Tina humiliated you saying that you are a middle-class gold digger and how you made her take back her words. Follow the same. Be brave and never fear for something or someone when you aren't wrong.

Convincing herself like she was preparing for a battle, she moved towards him.

Arnav: Was your drama with my sister over?

Khushi: ya, its over and I got best actor award too.You wanted to know anything else?(she retorted back confusing and making Arnav angry at the same time).

Arnav(with his bulged nose): don't act smart, miss. Gupta. Don't forget that,   I am your boss.

Khushi: What to do Mr. Raizada, I thought of showing my smartness in work but alas, you are not assigning any work to me, for which you have called me on the day of this festival. Instead you are busy in criticizing me. So, I thought of showing my smartness throughy my acts.

Arnav: Shut up....(he ordered and Khushi kept a finger on her lips indicating that she was following his order)

Arnav was very much confused to see this side of Khushi. Muttering a slight 'mental' under his breath, he ordered her to follow him and she did the same.

Khushi observed the room in which she entered. It was a store room cum library. Arnav pointed towards a rack which held only newspapers in it and started speaking to her.

Arnav: You wanted to do work right? So, here is your work. As you can see, there are many newspapers here. You have to collect the newspapers of last one year and go through the business news in each of them.

Khushi: hey Devi Maiya, do I need to set up a new business now?

Arnav: Stop guessing, will you? As AR is one of the top most company in India, there would be news related to AR and me (he paused a bit and continued), both professional and personal, though most of the personal news may be a rumor. Ignore the news which includes only me and collect the news which includes even a small gathering with my workers. Cut those pieces of newspaper, gather them neatly and hand it to me, ok?

Khushi started biting her nails without answering to him when she heard those instructions from her boss.

Arnav(seeing her tensed): don't worry, if you can't do that work, you have an other option. You should accept that you are not fit for doing any job and then, resign to your job too.

Khushi: Ohho, Mr. Raizada...sorry... I mean sir, I am not thinking about the amount of work here. I am thinking, how could I stay awake when I read news about such a boring personality. But as it is my job, I would complete it. Don't worry about that.

Arnav(gritting his teeth): ok then, all the best. Go ahead.

Saying that, he left the place while Khushi was only smiling.

Before starting with her work, she took a look of the room once again. While she walked through, she saw a pink coloured letter lying on a corner of the floor. She moved towards the letter,  picked it up and opened it to find a beautiful hand written letter which seemed to be a love letter with the first line indicating , 'Dear ASR'.

She thought for a while and started reading the contents.

Khushi(to herself): hey Devi Maiya, I know its not right to read someone's personal letter. But, that rule is only for good people like me, not for monsters like him.