{7} Accepted

*London's POV*

I eagerly open the letter that I find neatly laying on the kitchen counter.  I eventually manage to open it and pull out the papers inside.   I begin to read the first paper.

Dear, London Anderson
  We would like to congratulate you on your acceptance to UCLA.  We are excited to have you as a new student on campus this upcoming semester.

I put the papers down stunned and continue reading the letter which talks about the up coming orientation and all the info that I will be needing.

After I finish I immediately pick up my phone to call Haley.

(Phone convo)

"Hello?" Haley says through the phone

"I have some BIG news" I say

"I do too!!"

"You go first"

"Well, I came home today and my mom handed me an envelope... well long story short... I got accepted to UCLA!!!!"

My jaw drops hearing the news she just shared

"What!!  That's exactly what I was just going to tell you! I did too!!!"

"No way! This is so awesome"

"Definitely going to be a blast"

We talk a little longer and then I hang up.  Haley and I have always dreamed of going to college together, and today our dreams are coming true!

I quickly get out of my happy daze when I feel my phone buzz.

Group chat
Zach: yooo what's up guys we like haven't talked in forever.
Jack: I mean it's only been a couple days 😂
Zach: a couple days to many
London: well we're doing great! 😁
Haley: yes and we have BIG news
Jonah: what is it?
Daniel: ya we want to know
Haley: well, me and London both got our acceptance letters to UCLA!!
London: yeppppp!!
Addie: What!! This is news to me too!
Daniel: wait, you mean UCLA as in the University of California in Los Angeles?
Haley: that's the one ☺️
Zach: that's where we live... LA!
Jonah: wow congrats! Y'all must be smart
London: thanks 😂
Corbyn: ya that's so cool!
Jack: we all need to meet up!
Daniel: definitely... when does the semester start?
Haley: well it starts pretty soon, towards the end of September, but we have an orientation to go to in a couple of weeks.
Jonah: wow that's really soon, when's the orientation?
London: last week of this month, we got our acceptance so late cause we applied really late 😂
Haley: ya were sort of procrastinators
Zach: wait don't y'all live in Utah?
London: ya...
Zach: then why are you going to college in California?
Haley: well me and London have always loved visiting California, and it's not too many states away, but far enough for us to try something new.
London: also a good place for our families to visit, and it's a great college so...
Daniel: I still can't believe it!
Jonah: I know that's so awesome!

I set my phone down and begin to book my flight for the orientation in a couple weeks, Haley and I will be arriving a few days early to do some exploring.

I already know this is going to be great!