{23} Moving On?

**Addie's POV**

  Today we're going back home, I really don't want to because I'm not sure the next time I'll see the Why Don't We boys for a while.  It's also the last time I'll see Zach.  I start to frown at the thought and my stomach turns.  Just then he walks up to me.
"This isn't goodbye I'm sure I'll see you again!" He says.
"I know, it's just... I'm not going to be around as much as Haley and London will be and I don't want that to happen." I say as I look up at him.  "I just... don't want to be alone"

After we say our goodbyes we head back to the airport and turn in our rental car.  After security we just sit and wait for the flight.  London and Haley are sad too, but definitely not as sad as me. 
   Eventually we board the plane as we all are not very talkative.  I just can't help but feel really sad. Our flight was only a few hours so not too long.  After we arrive where we started, at the Salt Lake City Airport. 
  As I turn my phone off airplane mode I get a few texts.  I really hope it's Zach... but no.  One from my mom, and another from my brother.
Great.
I scroll through Instagram as we're waiting and see that my old friend posted a picture.  His name is Gage, and we used to be friends.  Growing up I had the biggest crush on him, but knew he didn't.  I really wanted to talk to someone since Zach won't text me, and Haley and London are occupied with Jonah and Daniel.  So I dm him.

Me: hey!

Gage:  Hey!

Me: I haven't talked to you in forever! How are you doing?

Gage: doing good, busy with sports, what about you?

Me: cool, I just got back from California... really not ready to start school in a few weeks.

Gage: me either we should totally hang out before!

I look up from my phone almost screaming.  Gage Johnsen wants to hang out with me!  I mean we are kind of friends... but this is still a big deal for me.

** 2 days later **

I wake up still no text from Zach, but I do get one from Gage. 

Gage: hey so still wanna hang out? 

Me: yes! Let's do it

Gage: awesome... how about meet me at the park at 5?

Me: sounds great!

I close my phone and begin to get ready for the day.  I mean I had no other plans.  London and Haley are doing some stuff for college, and when they aren't... there just taking to there boyfriends.  Well London and Daniel aren't officially dating, but they really should be. I mean they practically are talking 24/7.  All it does is remind me of Zach, I tried texting him, but he still hasn't responded, he probably just doesn't care for me anymore.

Today though, I'm going to spend the day with Gage.  At 4:50 I begin walking to the park, it's actually really close to my house so I didn't have to leave too early.  Once I get there I spot Gage on the bench and run up to him.

"Hey!" He says looking up from his phone.
"Hi thanks for meeting up, haven't talked too you in a while". I say

We talk for the next hour enjoying each other's  stories and talking about all the bad teachers at the school we go to. 
  After an hour we walk to get ice cream which isn't too far away and talk some more.  It's great catching up with him.

"Well um Addie..." Gage says looking up at me as we are sitting at Leatherbys to eat our ice cream.
"Ya?" I say
"Well I don't know how to say this... but I've liked you for a while now." He says as my heart skips a beat.  I want to tell him the same.  But what about Zach?  I shake the idea off, Zach doesn't like me anymore.  I turn to Gage.

"Me too" I say smiling as he does too..