{43} welcome home

*Addie's POV*

"Welcome to Los Angeles, we hope you enjoy your stay and if this is your final destination welcome home." The flight attendant says as the plane lands.

Welcome home.

I never told anyone I was coming so I'm going to surprise them tonight, it's about 4:00pm so by the time we get everything and drive, we should be there around 5:00. I'm starting to get really excited.

...

"We're here" my dad says, as my nerves start to come back. He parks the car and then I find myself slowly getting out and walking up to their house. I carefully ring the doorbell and then just wait.
I don't know why I'm so nervous.

"Hi" an unfamiliar voice says as the door opens.
"Hi I'm Addie, uh is anyone else here?" I question
"Oh my gosh hi! I've heard so much about you, I'm Peyton" the girl says
"Oh Peyton that's right I've heard lots about you too" I say as my smile grows wide.

"Who's at the door?" I hear another voice making my heart skip. Zach
"It's Addie!" She says gesturing me to come inside.
"What!" I hear the voice again and then feet running along the floor.

"ADDIE!" I hear as Zach tackles me in a hug, I let out a laugh as I hug him back.
"Your here, why didn't you tell us?" Zach says into my shoulder.
I pull away and look into his eyes.
"Thought I'd surprise you" I say with a huge smile.

By now everyone else has come to meet me and I give all of them a hug too. My dad and brother left soon after so they can get to the new house but they let me stay for a few hours here to catch up on things. I talked to Peyton a little and she seems so cool, actually she reminds me a little of myself. But I can definitely see a future for her and Jack.
...

"I missed you so much" I say looking up at Zach who has his arms around me as we're watching tv on the couch.
"Trust me, I've missed you more Addie." He says making me smile.

"Want to go to dinner tonight?" He asks
"Of course! Anything with food, I'm in!" I yell jumping up.
"I thought you'd say that" Zach says laughing
"Hey we're going to dinner, be back in a few hours"  he says to everyone

I hop in the car next to Zach and we start heading to our favorite restaurant. I turn on my music while we're driving and we sing loudly to all the songs on my playlist , with the windows down... not caring about anyone who may be watching.

"This reminds me of our last date" I say laughing after our 'beautiful' rendition of High School Musical.
"But this time you don't have to leave" Zach says.

He grabs my hand and holds it tight with his other on the steering wheel, and I can't help but smile.
"Addie" he says as I look up at him
"Ya?" I ask
"I love you" he says turning to look at me with a smile almost bigger then mine.
"Zach" I say as my smile grows wider
"Ya?" He questions
"I love you too." I say

...

We finally make it to the restaurant and are seated. After we tell the waitress our orders I quickly pull out my phone and post an Instagram picture.

_______________________________

Liked by  itslondon, peytonmills, and 768 others

addie.jones  Back to La for good this time...   I don't know why I was so nervous ❤️
Tagged: @imzachherron

View all 104 comments
hal.smith  I love this 💕
User-1  yay! #Zaddie reunited
peytonmills this is so cute omg

______________________________

"You were nervous?" Zach asks looking at what I just posted.
"Well... ya" I say
"Why?" He asks sincerely
"You know, moving to another state, having to go to a new school, and well, uh..." I trail off towards the end.
"What else?" He asks
"I thought we wouldn't be the same, I realize I was only gone a few weeks, and I know we texted a lot, but you never know" I laugh a little to myself at how stupid that probably sounds.
"Addie nothing will change between us, or come in between us. Trust me" he says softly
"I trust you" I say smiling

...

After eating we decided to walk to a store across the street and end up just messing around.  I'm so glad to finally be home.  And be with Zach, someone I can have fun with all the time.  I can't wait for the adventures to come.

...

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Zach asks as he drops me off at my new house.
"Ya totally!" I say as he gives me a hug.

I get a text from a groupchat and I open it

The girls

Christina: hey everyone! I'm coming in town next week, we should totally hang out.
London: what!!!
Addie: yayayayay
Haley: sleepover? 😁
Christina: YES
London: hey can I add Peyton into this?
Haley: ya do it
Christina: ^^
London added Peyton
Peyton: Hey thanks for letting me join 😂
Haley: well duh, your part of this now too
Addie: so yes to sleepover next weekend?
London: we can do it at mine and Haley's apartment???
Christina:  I say yes!
Peyton:  I second that ^
Haley: great it's a plan ❤️