Chapter 21: Packing, Paying & Pain

Chapter 21: Packing, Paying, & Pain

*Cleo's POV*

After checking out the YouTube house, Carlos, Erika, Connor, Kian, and I drove back to my house in the SUV.

Why did I drive the SUV?

Well I knew we would end up having to buy groceries, 'cause we wouldn't end up making it back to San Fran. in enough time tonight.

We have to be there by 8:30 A.M. so we will have to leave by 6 A.M. since we will end up sleeping at the house.

Once we got to my house, Erika ran across the street, taking Connor with her, to her house.

While Connor and Erika pack what little needs to be packed at Erika's house Kian and Carlos were helping me pack, well..

Carlos was going to load the truck while Kian and I packed.

As I opened my front door I silently begged 'Please don't be here Dad. Please don't be here.'

"Cweeo Bwear? Is that you?"

Kian looked over at me eyebrows raised.

I looked down and said, 'Yeah, it's me Dad.'

I looked at Kian and he smiled.

We started to walk up the stairs to my bedroom, and once we got there I saw my Dad packing my stuffed animal collection I made with Grandma.

He turned around with a little stuffed pink poodle in his hands and said, "Cleo who's your friend?"

'Umm.. actually he's...'

"I'm Kian, Mr..."

my Dad stood up and was just slightly taller than Kian, extending his hand he said, "Mr. Lopez."

"I'm Kian, Mr. Lopez. It's nice meeting you."

"You too, Kian."

I looked at my Dad then at Kian then back at my Dad again.

Then I started packing the clothes in my dresser.

"This is a nice one you have here, Cleo." My Dad said looking at me.

I smiled and continued packing.

Kian cleared his throat and said, "Um, Mr. Lopez, sir. I would like to know if you would allow me to date your daughter."

I looked over eyes wide.

My Dad raised his eyebrows a little and said, "Why do you want to be with my daughter, son?"

"I really, really like being with her," Kian fair looking at me. "Whenever I'm around her, I yang help but have a smile on my face. And I want her to feel the same way I do whenever I'm around her. She's beautiful on the inside and the outside. Whenever she laughs I can't not be happy, and I think I- I think I l-"

"Now stop there son. How long have you known my daughter?"

I felt tears start to form in my eyes.

"A few days."

"And of those few days have you felt like this the whole time?"

"When I first saw her I wanted to be with her, when I heard her voice I wanted to keep that voice with me forever," Kian looked at me. "Whenever I see her I know I want to be with her."

"How long son?"

"How long?"

"How long do you want to be with my daughter."