Chapter 48: The Problem With Sam

--Dedicated to trippinovrflatground --

Chapter 48: The Problem With Sam

*Sapphie's POV*

I walked down the stairs from my room, and all the way to the kitchen to get something to eat.
Once downstairs I realized that only Tyler and Sam were down here. Well this is gonna be awkward.
"Hey Tyler, hey Sam." I say with a smile.
"Hey!" Tyler says nicely and nudges Sam with his elbow.
Sam looks a little nervous and he says, "H-Hi." as he places his hand on the back of his neck.
I began to blush so I quickly took a step back into the kitchen and then I tripped backwards.
I literally tripped over flat ground.
Good job Sapphire.
Right as I began to fall Sam ran towards me, and right before I fell onto the ground Sam grabbed my hands and pulled me into his arms.
It made my heart race.
He held me there in his arms for about a minute until I realized that he had a girlfriend.
Then I quickly pulled myself away from him and muttered, "Thanks."
--
The rest of the morning was a little awkward and super boring so it wouldn't be to interesting to explain.
When we finally all got into a car and drove to the meet-n-greet (excluding Ricky who drove the other car to the meet-n-greet so he could pick up Cerika and Kieo and was so nice to do so.)
When we arrived at the meet-n-greet Sam asked to talk to me in private.
So we walked to an isolated area and talked.
"What did you want to tell me?" I ask.
And without beating around the bush Sam said, "I'm still completely in love with you and I'd do anything to be with you again."
"Aren't you still with Summer?"
"I am but--"
"I cannot be with you until you make sure I'm your number one priority. I'm not saying you have to break up with Summer to be with me but I'm saying I will only be with you when I'm your one and only and when you are completely committed to me."
"You are my one and only."
"Not if you're with Summer, I'm sorry Sam." I say as I walk away.
As I walk away all I can feel is the feeling that this sucks!

*Sam's POV*

I need to break up with Summer as soon as possible!
I do love her, but not as much as I love Sapphire.
'So it's now or never.' I think as I walk up to Summer.
"Hey!" She says cheerfully as she begins to pull me into a hug.
"H-Hey we need to talk."
"Oh no." She says as she pull away from the hug.
"Yeah..." I say a bit relieved we aren't hugging anymore.
I grab Summer's hand and walk her to a secluded area where we can talk.
"Sam this better be fast, the meet-n-greet is about to start."
"I'm still in love with Sapphire." I blurt out quickly.
"What?" She asks with a confused expression.
"I'm--" I say as I take a deep breath, "I'm still in love with Sapphire."
"Yeah.. I didn't really expect you to just get over her..." She says as she looks at the ground.
"I'm sorry I brought you into all of this." I say as I place my hand on her cheek.
"I know you are Sam, I know you are. And I understand if we need to break up. I won't stop you from being with who you love."
How can she be so understanding? How can she?
"Summer... I think we do need to break up.."
"Okay..." She says as she starts to turn away tears riming her eyes.
"Summer," I say grabbing her arm and turning her to me. "You weren't a rebound girl. I promise you, you weren't ever a rebound girl."
"I hope so." She mumbles.
"You weren't." I place a kiss on her cheek and continue, "let's go."
We head back to the rest of the group.
I sigh deeply when we see the rest of them and muster a smile.
"Hey guys." I say as I look at the group.
"Hey what's up?" Jc replies with a huge smile on his face.
"Nothing... Let's go get to the stage." O say and motion to the direction where our stage lies.
"Yeah let's do that." Summer agrees quickly.
Then we all head toward the stage.