Chapter 33: Characters Of A Contest

****So it's currently around midnight and I'm writing and texting my best friend, I hope this doesn't sound sloppy..

~Cheyyyy****

Chapter 33: Characters Of A Contest

*Keala's POV*

Connor volunteered to go first, well technically second 'cause Cleo had already gone, but we'll call it "first".

Connor walks to the middle of the stage and is handed the microphone.

He taps the microphone and clears his throat.

Connor starts to sing his current favorite song, which I've never heard before..

Girls are swooning, but I don't really see it, his voice is okay, but it's not like Trevor's.

Connor ha said before that he can't really sing, but his voice isn't half bad.

As Connor sings, he sways a little and makes hand gestures (which is his dancing).

Next, JC goes, he raps, and he's pretty good I have to admit!

He makes small hand movements like rappers do, and he holds the microphone like a rapper.

Erika then goes, she sings a song by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, which I learned to be her favorite band.

I can't quite remember the name of the song...

She sings it like she's felt the pain of the girl in the song, it's breath taking, actually.

I remember now, Facedown.

Once she finishes I feel like I might cry, but know I won't, not in front of all these people.

Ricky was next and he sang his song Ordinary, which was wonderful!

Ricky is so talented, just like Trevor, they just need to put themselves out there more.

As Ricky neared the end of his song, I felt nervous, my hands shook a little, and I knew I was going next.

Trevor was standing next to me and I felt my stomach turn as I looked back at the stage where I would be standing in a few moments.

Trevor put his arm on my shoulder an turned to me, I'm guessing he could tell I was nervous, because of his comment.

"You'll be amazing, you'll do great, don't worry. Just think of yourself as just singing with our friends." He smiled a little and I quickly pecked his lips as I headed to the center of the stage.

I started to singing The One That Got Away by Katy Perry acapella (just singing for those of you that don't know musical terms xD Sorry I'm a music freak).

I closed my eyes as I closed my eyes and started to sing the first verse.

As I slowly got into the song, my nervousness faded and I sang putting my heart and soul into my singing, I didn't sing the original version..

Since I was singing acapella, I stretched notes and sang and put a little bit of myself into my singing.

When I was halfway through the song I was able to open my eyes, and feel accomplished.

I opened my eyes and scanned the audience to see how I was doing, I saw a lot of girls crying quietly a I sang and when I finished singing I heard sniffles from the audience.

As I made my way back to Trevor, I passed Cleo who was crying into Kian's shoulder.

Sam then went onto stage and started singing/rapping.