Chappy 3

"(Y/n)."

Said girl hummed in response as she slurped her hot noodles into her mouth, her eyes falling on the dual-haired boy who had come to sit in front her.

"What do you think about Midoriya's and All Might's relationship?" he asked, as he picked up his chopsticks.

The girl furrowed her eyebrows as she chewed on, her mind going over the times she had seen them interact.

"From what I've seen," she began after she swallowed. "they seem like friends. You know, more than just a teacher-student relationship. But I'm not really sure, why?"

Shouto shook his head slightly, his eyes briefly glancing at the girl before going back to his food. "Just wondering."

"Really?" (Y/n) rested her cheek on her hand, her (e/c) eyes narrowing at the boy. "Are you stalking them?"

Shouto momentarily froze and gave the girl a light glare. "I'm not stalking them."

The girl straightened up and shrugged as she picked at her noodles with her chopsticks. "You stalk me."

"I don't stalk you. I look out for you."

"I still don't know how you found that secret stash of (fave snacks). I didn't even tell my diary," the girl muttered under her breath as she sadly remembered how the dual-haired male had confiscated all her snacks in one go without any mercy.

"I know you better than anyone (Y/n). Plus you know how easily you gain weight yet you still insist on eating a lot," the boy blatantly commented, his heterochromatic eyes fixed on the girl with seriousness.

(Y/n) sent him an offended look. "That's mean. You should be more supportive."

Shouto was about to answer when he was interrupted by the scraping of the chair next to (Y/n). Both turned to at the new arrival who was causing such unnecessary commotion only to be caught with puzzlement.

"Katsuki? What are you doing here?" (Y/n) questioned the ash blond-haired male who had placed his tray on the table, making himself comfortable.

"Slaying dragons," he bit back sarcastically as he sent a glare to the girl, earning an eye roll from her. "What do you think, dumbass?"

Shouto narrowed his eyes at Katsuki's insult towards his girlfriend, something that didn't go unnoticed by the ash-blond.

"What are you looking at, half and half?!" Katsuki questioned, his usual angry demeanor scaring the other members of the table.

"I'd refrain from insulting (Y/n) if I were you," he threatened, his voice holding a dangerous warning behind it.

"Haaah?" Katsuki jeered, a cruel smirk creeping up his lips. "And what are you going to do about it?"

Shouto's glare hardened on the challenging male, the tense atmosphere at the table nearly suffocating everyone else. (Y/n) sighed at the increasing hostility between them and placed her hand on Katsuki's shoulder which instantly made him stiffen, something that only Shouto noticed.

"Guys, don't fight please," the girl requested in a gentle voice as she gave Shouto a pointed look, making him relax. Meanwhile, Katsuki was staring at the girl's hand which was still on his shoulder. A mixture of emotions flowed through him, urging him to take her small hand in his before it disappeared. As (Y/n) turned to look at Katsuki, she noticed his stare and sheepishly withdrew it, taking his usual glare on it as a silent order to remove it. Katsuki raised a confused eyebrow at the action and was about to speak when he was stopped by Shouto clearing his voice.

His crimson eyes met with his heterochromatic ones staring coldly back at him as if warning him not to talk to the girl anymore. Katsuki wondered what his deal was since he was literally watching him like a hawk, especially with the fact that the ash-blonde had intentionally pushed his chair close to (Y/n)'s while sitting down, their shoulders one inch away from touching.

"So Katsuki," the girl mused as she took a sip of her drink, making the boy turn his head towards her. "What brings you here?"

Katsuki scowled at (Y/n), clearly offended by the fact that she probably didn't want him there. "Can't I sit where I fucking want?!"

The girl held up her arms in a placating gesture to calm the raging boy and scratched the back of her neck sheepishly for her wrong phrasing. "No no! I mean, you never sit with us."

The boy scoffed, a reddish hue forming on his cheeks as he turned away from the girl. "Is it so bad if I wanted to sit next to you?"

The girl's eyes widened at his response and her mouth went agape in surprise, his answer clearly unexpected. "What?! No! It's fine! Besides..." she wiped off her surprise, a smile forming on her lips as she patted him on his head. "...I consider you my friend, even if you don't."

Katsuki swatted her hand away from his hair, making the girl laugh. He turned to frown at her, though his fiery gaze was cast to the side, away from meeting her alluring eyes.

"Stop spewing stupid shit. I don't have any fucking friends," he clicked his tongue in annoyance, though his words spoke the opposite of that familiar nagging feeling he felt inside. The same annoying feeling he feels whenever she was around him.

(Y/n) faked a frown. "Oh come on. Enough with that 'I don't have no friends' bullshit." her frown turned into a teasing but genuine grin. "If you didn't know, you're welcome to sit with us if you don't have anyone else to sit with."

Katsuki's eyes came into contact with her own, ablaze with anger. "Huh?! I'm not that desperate!!"

The girl snorted and dismissed him with a wave of her hand. "Sure, sure."

"I'm saying the fucking truth, you moron!!"

As the duo fired back at each other, Katsuki shouting at the girl while she consistently laughed, Shouto had still not taken his eyes off of Katsuki. He was watching his every move, a familiar twinge pinching at his heart whenever his girl laughed at the male. He knew very well that it was jealousy and nothing else.

His eyes went over to the girl who was pointing at Katsuki, seemingly making a joke. Shouto wasn't insecure about his relationship with (Y/n), knowing fully well that he had nothing to worry about when it came to other guys. However, when he looked back at the ash-blond who was now pinching her cheeks as she tried to push him off, it was another story.

With him around the girl, he felt uneasy. He didn't know the cause of it but how Katsuki acted around (Y/n) rose alarms in his head. It wasn't the first time he had felt like that so he had done some observation. From what he noticed, Katsuki wasn't as hostile and domineering with her as he was with the others.

Even though he had numerous theories in his head, one more distasteful than the other, he couldn't just assume things without a clear answer. And he would get one soon enough.

All he hoped was that his number one theory wouldn't be true because knowing the hot-head, he wasn't one to give up on anything.

Even if it meant going down the rough road.

***