Chappy 6

"Okay (Y/n), breathe," the (h/c)-haired chanted to herself as she inhaled deeply before exhaling. She had laid her head on the table as she stared at her feet under the table. She could feel her nerves going haywire especially with the silence that was shrouding the waiting room.

"Don't worry (Y/n)! I'm sure you're totally going to do this!" Kirishima spoke from beside her, making the girl look at him. She frowned unintentionally as the butterflies in her stomach were almost close to making her feel sick.

"Whoa (Y/n)," Kaminari shot the girl a worried look. "You don't look so good."

The girl immediately straightened up and flashed the male a thumbs up with a forced smile. "I'm totally fine! Nothing to worry!"

"Yeah! That's the spirit!" Kirishima mimicked her actions and patted her shoulder.

The girl sighed and her eyes roamed around the room. They instantly stopped when they met with crimson-colored ones directly across from her. The girl sent him a small smile, earning a scowl from him as he turned away, his cheeks red from being caught staring.

The female sighed and looked up beside her where Shouto was standing. He noticed her eyes on him and looked down at her, sending her a small nod which was returned.

Suddenly, the door opened revealing Iida. "Everyone, are you ready?! We will be entering soon!"

The girl took in a large breath as she swept her cascading hair back, pulling it back to tie it into a bun.

"Midoriya."

The all too familiar voice made the girl turn back to see Shouto, who was now standing next to Izuku, one hand in his pocket as his face was completely masked with nonchalance.

"Todoroki? What is it?" the green-haired boy stood up to fully give his attention to the male.

Everyone now was focused on the two, listening on to their conversation.

"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you." the dual-haired male spoke out in a confident tone, earning a gasp from Izuku.

"Huh?" the green-haired boy cast a glance at his feet. "Yeah-um yeah..."

"But...All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" Shouto continued, his eyes burning holes into the boy's own.

Jeez, this again?... (Y/n) thought as she rested her cheek on her hand, her eyes still on the duo.

"I'm not trying to pry about that. But I'm going to beat you."

Izuku gaped at his bluntness and intensity, especially with the fact that Shouto was currently staring at him coldly, his intentions clear and unwavering.

(Y/n) closed her eyes and sighed, inwardly facepalming at his actions. Dammit...

"Oh? Is the best in the class making a declaration of war?" Kaminari asked, amusement written on his face as Kirishima immediately stood up, walking towards Shouto.

"Hey, hey, hey! Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden?" he placed a hand on Shouto's shoulder to calm the already heavy tension around them, "Not now, we're about to start!"

Shouto pushed his hand away from him harshly, his eyes still on Izuku, "We're not here to play at being friends." he turned around to walk away from the room. "So what does it matter?"

"Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me," Izuku began, making Shouto stop in his tracks and look over his shoulder at him. "But, of course, you're better than me. I think you're more capable than most people. Looking at it objectively..."