Chappy 26

Six days have passed ever since the internship began and the last day of (Y/n)'s internship saw her bidding Sir Nighteye goodbye.

"Thank you for taking care of me and thanks for everything. I really owe you a lot," (Y/n) said as she bowed down in appreciation to Sir.

Sir Nighteye smiled and fondly patted the girl's head. "You don't owe me anything, besides I was only helping you. Being a guide to future heroes is my job."

(Y/n) straightened up and returned the smile. "Really, thank you. I learned a lot from you and I don't think I'll ever be the same again."

"Well, it was made possible by your determination and quick learning. But now, I'm confident that after all that training, you're now free from the chains that held you back."

It was true, they had spent countless hours brutally training, with Sir helping her face all her obstacles. At first, the male inquired from her about the origin of her hesitation and she told him. After that time he helped her open her eyes to her parents' 'mystery', she had grown to trust him, therefore sharing some of her past with him. This trust grew into a close relationship between them as the girl trusted Sir to help her overcome the things that held her back. And he did.

In the end, (Y/n) couldn't help but feel accomplished. She felt like her old younger self again, exclude the superiority complex. She felt stronger, fearless and lighter in both body and mind.

And it was all thanks to Sir Nighteye.

In his case, he had never had a more memorable student. He had grown very fond of her and actually sometimes, he almost saw her as the daughter he never had. Seeing her leave for her town brought him sadness which he didn't show. Even though he wouldn't admit it, he would miss her greatly.

"You know, to be honest," (Y/n) chuckled nostalgically as she remembered her first day in training. "Apart from the time you're beating up my ass, you're actually a great teacher."

"And I'm honored to have you as my student as well," Sir bowed courteously, making (Y/n)'s heart swell in pride and joy.

"Thank you, Sir. It's been an honor too," the girl smiled. "I should be going now."

Sir straightened up and nodded. "Yes. Have a safe journey tomorrow."

"Thanks again. Bye!" she waved at him as she turned to leave for the motel.

Sir nodded once and turned to go back into the agency. (Y/n) stopped and looked at him over her shoulder, a sad smile on her lips as she realized she was going to miss him. During the time they spent together, to her, he almost seemed like, dare she say it, a father to her. Of course, she'd miss him.

Before she faced back in front, she caught a glimpse of something at the corner of her eye. She turned fully and lifted her head to look up at the tall agency building. Behind one of the windows, she could make out Kaoruko, who was waving frantically at her. She seemed to be saying something but (Y/n) couldn't hear or make it out.

Kaoruko seemed to realize this and settled for waving instead. (Y/n) waved back at her newfound good friend, sad that she was also leaving her. Kaoruko then made a heart shape with her fingers, a big grin on her lips. (Y/n) giggled and placed her briefcase down before mimicking Kaoruko's action. Kaoruko opened her mouth in laughter and placed her fingers next to her ear in a 'call me' sign. (Y/n) nodded and gave her a thumbs up before waving again.

The blue-green haired girl waved back and turned away from the window. (Y/n) sadly sighed and picked up her briefcase as she began her journey back to the motel.

***

"Okay so, like nothing ever happens in this town. Villains are unheard of. Zero, zilch, nada. The only people I've had the privilege of hitting is thieves and petty thugs. I mean really? You'd think that since this city is so huge, there'd be a ton of villains but it's actually the opposite."