Chappy 14

"Good work," Mr. Aizawa droned, his voice as monotonous as ever. "So there will be no school tomorrow or the day after. I'm sure the pro heroes who watched the sports festival will want to recruit you, but we'll consolidate everything and announce it when you get back. So rest well, and look forward to that."

"Yes, sir!"

Mr. Aizawa dismissed the students and exited the class, cheerful voices and murmurs erupting the minute he closed the door.

(Y/n) turned to look at Katsuki, whose whole body was trembling from rage before looking at the medal that was still clutched between his gritted teeth. The girl snorted and rested her palm on her cheek. It was probably a bad idea to provoke him while in that state but she couldn't help herself from opening her big mouth.

"Wow," she smirked. "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes..."

It didn't take long for her comment to tip him over the edge as the boy roughly yanked the medal from his mouth and slammed it hard on his desk. Unfazed by the fact that her life might be in danger at the moment, (Y/n) covered her mouth to stifle a loud laugh.

Katsuki turned to glare at her, eyes narrowed into slits. "You're having fun, huh?!!"

The girl simply shrugged and stuck her tongue out at him. She actually was having fun poking fun at him. He did force her to forfeit the fight and she was still, kinda, maybe, somehow, bitter about that.

Her relationship with him was mostly, if one could give a rough definition, love-hate, with (Y/n) being the one to give the "love" in form of teasing to get off from his angry but amusing reactions while he was the one giving the "hate" in form of insults and handling her roughly. In all honesty, the two never actually had a real conversation even considering the fact that they sat right next to each other. But nonetheless, (Y/n) openly regarded him as her friend like she did with the rest of her classmates. In her mind, the girl considered the title better than 'acquaintance' or 'fellow student'. So, despite the fact that he was always rude to her, she had to condition herself to get used to his brash personality and with time, it stopped bothering her altogether. Besides, she had already accepted that he wasn't good with words, his actions conveying most of what he felt, which was either a good thing or bad depending on the situation. He was a complex character yet simple at the same time, something which somehow fascinated (Y/n).

That, and the fact that she was the only who he, from time to time, addressed by their real name, something which made her wonder why but didn't want to ask. Honestly, she still wasn't very fond of the nickname 'lava bitch'.

Fed up with everything in general, as usual, Katsuki clicked his tongue and abruptly stood up, causing his chair to scrape loudly on the floor. (Y/n) winced at the ear-grating sound.

The ash-blond grabbed his bag from the ground and angrily tugged the strap over his shoulder as he stormed towards the door. (Y/n) followed him with her eyes, an amused smile tugging at her lips. As his hand went to reach for the jamb, he let out a loud groan and he swiveled around to stomp back to his desk. He swiped the medal from the top of his desk, shoved in his pocket and stormed back to the door, exiting and closing it with a harsh bang.

(Y/n) sighed while shaking her head, her eyes still locked on the closed door. She then leaned to the side to grab her bag from the ground, rose up from her seat and walked to the back of the class where Shouto sat.

"Shouto, come on, let's go," she dramatically slumped against Shouto's form, causing the side of his head to get mushed against her bosom while she laid her head on top of his head. "I'm dying to sleep for these two days straight."

"You really are lazy."

(Y/n) straightened up to glare at the owner of the voice. She made a mocking face before returning to lie her head back on Shouto's, who was all the while unbothered and staring at the front of the class with his usual blank expression.