Chappy 58

A week had passed and a few major things had changed.

The first thing that had changed was that everyone was now aware that (Y/n) and Shouto were broken up, something that had come as a shock to everyone in class. The news also spread like wildfire to the other classes because unfortunately, some people couldn't keep their mouths shut. But that didn't bother the two. In fact, they were perfectly fine with it as long as no one asked them questions or expressed their sympathy. Either way, they were just fine. Shouto and (Y/n) still weren't talking but it was a comfortable silence, so no one was really complaining.

The second thing that had changed was Katsuki's relation towards (Y/n). Since the girl had 'moved out' of her former table, he had welcomed her to his, which consisted of Kirishima, Kaminari, Mina and Sero. Katsuki always made her sit next to him, in between him and Mina so that she wouldn't feel left out by sitting at the edge. But that wasn't the only reason he sat her there. Even though his table mostly consisted of boys, he didn't want her anywhere near them and would rather have her next to a girl.

During these passing days, his possessive side was slowly beginning to show. During meal time, whenever (Y/n) talked to one of the guys, Katsuki would always drape his arm on the back of her chair, a silent and deadly 'This is my fucking girl, look at her wrong and you're fucking dead!' to any of the guys who decided to lose some brain cells and hit on her.

Of course, none of them tried anything much to his satisfaction. But this message wasn't only directed to them but to every guy in school who thought they had a chance with her. If (Y/n) was able to get a guy like Katsuki to have a crush on her, it wouldn't be a surprise if there was a whole horde of guys waiting for her and Shouto to break up. So Katsuki, being the quick thinking person he is, was making sure to properly mark his territory beforehand. And this was made even easier with the fact that Shouto wasn't around to say anything about it.

Katsuki was getting comfortable in his relationship with (Y/n). Since he was assured that he had now earned a permanent, indisputable spot in her life, he had nothing to worry about. The only thing he was working on now was finally earning the long-coveted title of 'The Boyfriend', and something told him it wasn't too far from his grasp.

The third thing that had changed was (Y/n)'s behavior. Usually, (Y/n) is known as the cheerful, sometimes loud, positive but with a hidden temper girl. But lately, she had grown to be an even more outspoken girl, ever seen laughing with her new group of friends at her new table. When she was with Shouto, she didn't talk as much since his nature was the silent and aloof type, sometimes even making the girl feel like a big mouth whenever she got into her crazy antics. Not that she ever mentioned that to him. But now, she felt freer and didn't care whether the whole cafeteria heard her laughs.

And she loved every moment of it.

Another thing was that she and Katsuki hadn't yet to train due to various reasons. She still had to make changes to her Quirk registration in City Hall, which wasn't easy as she first needed a signed letter from Recovery Girl and her homeroom teacher. During the almost finished week, it was a miracle that she managed to skip all the special physical tests and combat trainings. But it was all to be settled soon since at the moment, she was entering City Hall with Katsuki. The day's classes had ended already and they had headed there immediately after school.

(Y/n) stood at the reception, anxiously bouncing on the balls of her feet as she waited for the receptionist to finish whatever she was doing on her computer.

"(F/n) (L/n), right? Registered under...a Lava Quirk," the woman spoke, her green eyes scrolling down the computer's screen. Her eyes went to the girl. "Is that correct?"

"Yes," the girl nodded.

"So, you say that there are some changes to your Quirk?" the woman asked as she typed some information into her computer. "Major or minor?"