Chappy 79

(Y/n) stared at her pale reflection in the bathroom mirror with sleepy eyes. A small minute thermometer peeked out from her mouth as she waited impatiently for it to take her temperature. She had woken up in the middle of the night, literally throwing off the covers from herself because she felt like she was boiling alive from under them. After a quick bathroom break, something had told her to take her temperature just to make sure she was alright.

Only the problem was, she was still sleepy as fuck.

It hadn't even been a minute and she was already starting to nod off.

The sudden shrill, beeping from the thermometer startled her awake and she took it out of her mouth. She stared down at the numbers indicated on it and sighed. Her temperature was slightly high, about 38 degrees. A mild fever.

The girl returned the thermometer to where it originally was and headed on downstairs to get a glass of water. She then returned to her room and went back to bed, hoping that her fever would at least go down before morning.

***

It didn't go down and (Y/n) felt as miserable as ever.

Her fever had decided to go up an extra two degrees overnight and make her feel worse than she ever did before.

She lied in her bed, shivering and bundled up in a multitude of sweaters and blankets. And to make it worse, her nose had started running, a surefire sign of oncoming flu.

"Aww sweetie, you have a really high fever," Nanami frowned at the thermometer. She sat on the edge of (Y/n)'s bed, a palm pressing a cold compress to (Y/n)'s burning forehead while the other held on to the thermometer. The woman then tutted and sent the girl a worried look. "The practical exam yesterday must've taken out a lot from you. I don't think you can go to school today, honey. "

Loudly sniffling, the girl nodded.

"I'm sorry I can't be home to care for you today. Will you be fine on your own?" Nanami took the compress off her forehead and dumped it back into the bowl of cold water on her side table.

She nodded once more. "Yeah...I guess."

Nanami stared at her adoptive child for a moment as she contemplated on other ways she could get her care when she wasn't around. She then glanced at her phone placed beside the bowl before an idea popped into her mind. She grinned at the feverish girl. "I have an idea. How about I call Mitsuki?"

(Y/n)'s forehead creased. "You still talk to Katsuki's mom?"

"Of course I do! We always have coffee dates every once a week!" the woman chuckled while reaching for her phone.

"And here I thought you were actually seeing someone behind my back..."

Nanami pressed her lips together in a stern line. "Don't make me start to feel glad you're sick."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes before slowly sitting up. "Beside the point, why are you calling her?"

"I want to ask her if she can send Katsuki over after he gets back from school," Nanami said offhandedly while scrolling down her phone contacts.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened and she pressed her hands to her flushed cheeks. "Please don't make him see me like this..."

"Why? He is your boyfriend, isn't he?" she pressed the dial button before sending the girl a meaningful look. "If he can't handle you when you look like the plague, then he doesn't deserve you. Besides," Nanami's mouth curled up into a sly smile while pressing her phone to her ear. "It's good practice."

I look like the plague? "But-"

"Oh, hi darling! It's been a while, hasn't it?" Nanami's face immediately lit up as she spoke loudly into the phone. (Y/n) rolled her eyes, slightly irritated by her aunt's dismissal and began to pick the dirt off from under her nails. From where she was, she could faintly make out Mitsuki's loud voice replying.