Chappy 18

"Huh? Izuku?"

"(Y/n)! Morning!" the green-haired boy greeted the girl upon meeting with her at the train station.

The girl smiled and waved at him. "Hey."

"You don't usually take the train, huh?"

"I walk most of the time," (Y/n) sighed and shook her wet, closed umbrella. "But it decided to rain so..." she shrugged.

Izuku nodded and turned to see the arriving train. The station was packed with people, going to all sorts of places. As soon as it stopped and opened its doors, people poured out of it. When they were all out, the people waiting outside didn't waste time to shove their way in and claim a seat for themselves.

Unfortunately for Izuku and (Y/n), they couldn't handle the 'squeeze fest' and ended up standing in the train.

(Y/n) shifted herself into a comfortable position and stood beside Izuku. The girl winced in pain when she felt someone's elbow digging into her back. She moved a bit nearer to Izuku to get away from the rabid elbow. She ended up being pushed against his side, but she considered the position more comfortable than the former.

(Y/n) sighed and smiled apologetically at the male. "I hope you don't mind."

"Huh?!" Izuku frantically shook his head, the blush on his freckled cheeks evident at the unintentional close proximity. "No! No! I mean uh...it's okay-okay! I don't mind or uh...or anything!"

The girl shot him another smile and looked around the packed train. She couldn't even see over the heads of the people surrounding them. Most were business people, in their office suits, on their way to work. It wasn't even eight am and the train was so full.

"Are trains usually like this in the morning?" the girl asked while her eyes continued roaming around the crowd. "We're all packed like sardines in a tuna can."

"Uh...Well, today it's mostly constituted by the rain but not usually," the green-haired male explained, earning an understanding nod from the girl.

Deciding to not continue dwelling on the feeling of a girl being pressed up against him, Izuku took out his phone and busied himself with scrolling through the news feed.

"Wow, everyone's still talking about the sports festival," he commented offhandedly after a while, his eyes still glued on the phone and face back to its original color.

"Yeah," (Y/n) turned to him and shrugged. "It's only normal though, sometimes, even on my way, someone just comes up to me and they tell me that they, like saw me and stuff and they start to congratulate me."

Izuku looked up from his phone and nodded. "It really is a popular festival throughout Japan, huh?"

(Y/n) went to open her mouth to speak but someone's loud whispers immediately beat her to it.

"Excuse me...excuse me! Midoriya and (L/n) from the hero course!"

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows, both students turning to look at whoever had called them. The passengers around them also turned to look at them in recognition.

"Good job at the sports festival! You were so close, Midoriya and congratulations (L/n)!" the man shot a thumbs up at the duo, winking at them happily.

Midoriya's eyes widened at the sudden weight of attention on them while (Y/n) laughed sheepishly, her face turning red in embarrassment.

"You guys were in top eight right?" someone else asked.

"You were so cool!" a random woman gushed out.

"Midoriya's smaller than I expected!"

"No no! (Y/n)'s even smaller! Look at her!"