Chappy 78

The day of reckoning finally arrived, followed up with three days of the written exam with the next being the practical.

In (Y/n)'s opinion, the written exam wasn't all that bad, a little bit on the tricky side but quite fair at least. She had spent hours studying with Katsuki and Kirishima over the weekend and she was confident with what she had quickly gathered even though it was last minute. But that didn't matter as she was already over and done with theory. Which only left the practical.

The students of class 1-A, geared up in their hero costumes, were all gathered in the Center Plaza together with all their teachers. Tension and excitement lingered in the air as the students waited to begin their exam. Despite the atmosphere, no one dared to speak a word as Aizawa opened his mouth to begin the briefing.

"Now we will begin the practical exam. Of course, it is possible to fail the exam. If you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes. I expect all of you have gathered information ahead of time and have some idea of what you'll be doing."

Kaminari threw his head back in excitement while making the rock on sign with his hands. "We're fighting robot warriors like at the entrance exam, right?!"

Mina joined him and punched a fist in the air. "Fireworks! Curry! Test of courage!"

"Too bad!" a disembodied voice countered. The cloth wrapped Aizawa's neck began to move as something wriggled around in it. Suddenly, the owner of the voice popped out of it. "For various reasons, the exam will be different starting this time!"

(Y/n)'s eyebrows rose. Principal Nezu?! What's he doing here? And what does he mean by different?

"From now on," the principal explained as he climbed down Aizawa with the help of his binds. "We want to focus on person-to-person combat and hero work and stress teaching that is closer to actual fighting. So..." he pointed at the students, his voice getting even more serious. He then spread his arms wide. "We'll have you form teams to fight against one of the teachers!"

"Against...the teachers?" Uraraka echoed in confusion, her reaction similar to those of her classmates.

"In addition," Aizawa began explaining. "The pairs and who each pair up will be against have already been decided. These will be determined at my discretion based on various factors. Including fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships, so here they are: First, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu are on one team," a sadistic smile appeared on his face. "And they're fighting me. And Midoriya and Bakugou are a team," both boys gasped and turned to look at each other in stark shock. "And their opponent..."

All Might appeared out of nowhere, landing in front of the stupefied boys with a large thud that shook the very ground. Izuku and Katsuki stared at him with pale faces and mouths agape as he straightened up before them.

"I..." All Might tightened a fist. "Will do it!"

"All Might?!" both boys finally voiced out their shock.

Welp...there goes my new guy...(Y/n) sent Katsuki a sympathetic look. He'd have probably throttled her if he saw it.

"Work together to beat me, you two!" All Might declared in an orotund voice.

Izuku and Katsuki exchanged conflicted looks, Izuku's being of both dread and fear and Katsuki's being of disbelief and hate. Considering the two's history and background, how they'd work together to beat the number one hero deemed either impossible or pure crazy. In other words, it'd take a miracle and probably even a sacrifice or two to pull it off.

"And now," Nezu began, taking the attention away from the three, "We will announce the teams and the teachers they'll be up against all at once!"

The teams and their turns were both announced respectively and (Y/n) found herself teamed up with Kirishima and Sato against Mr. Cementoss. Unfortunately for them, they'd be going first. She sent her red-haired friend an acknowledging smile as she made her way to stand with her teammates. The smile immediately faded and was replaced with a grimace. She placed a hand on her stomach. Her nerves were going haywire and it made her sick to her stomach.