Chappy 34

Five days passed and another academic week began for the students of U.A. Nothing out of the ordinary had happened and things moved as normally as they could.

Lunchtime was almost over as (Y/n) and Shouto walked back to class from the cafeteria.

As soon as she entered the class, she was called over by the girls standing around Tsuyu's desk. (Y/n) waved at Shouto before striding over to where the girls were standing.

"What's up?"

"Well, so the invitations are all set and only one remaining. You asked Todoroki, right?" Yaoyorozu questioned the girl.

(Y/n) nodded and leaned back against Mina's desk. "Yeah, he's down with it."

"But," Mina scratched her head. "There's only one problem."

(Y/n) knitted her eyebrows. "What is it?"

"Uh..." Mina trailed off as she exchanged uneasy looks with the rest of the girls. "We...haven't asked...Bakugou yet."

"Oh," the girl nodded in understanding, already knowing what she would ask next. "And you want me to ask him."

"I mean if you don't mind!" Mina exclaimed, shaking her hands frantically at (Y/n). She then sighed. "It's just that...you're the only person he ever listens to because you know..."

(Y/n) frowned and looked over her shoulder at Katsuki. He was silently sitting in his chair, leaned back and his feet on his desk as stared out to space. (Y/n) thinned her lips into a straight line as she regarded him for a few more seconds before turning back to the girls.

She sighed. "I could do it but..." she grimaced. "We haven't talked for almost a week. I don't think he'd even listen to me in the first place..."

"Not to pry or anything but," Tsuyu began, gaining the girl's attention. "You can't stay silent at him forever. If you still consider him a friend then you'll have to talk to him sooner or later, right?"

"Yeah but, it's not that easy," she countered, already feeling pressured by the pair of eyes on her.

"We know it's not. But still, shutting him off is a bit harsh, don't you think?" Jirou asked the girl.

"Yeah. Even though he's a prick, Bakugou's still human. He must feel terrible that you're giving him the silent treatment," Tohru added.

The girl narrowed her eyes at the girls. "But he's also not talking to me."

"That's because he's probably still embarrassed. With you not talking to him, you probably made him think that he creeped you out and that you want nothing to do with him. So, of course, you wouldn't expect him to start the conversation," Yaoyorozu explained, earning a nod from Tsuyu.

"Momo is right. If you don't make an attempt to talk to him how do you expect for him to know that you're not freaked out by his confession?" Tsuyu added.

(Y/n) pursed her lips in thought at their words. They were right and (Y/n) knew it. She had been avoiding any chance to talk to Katsuki to a point that it seemed normal. She thought that giving him the silent treatment was doing both him and her a favor but realizing that she was indirectly hurting him even more made her feel guilty.

"Fuck," she bit her lower lip as she grimaced. "I've been a real bitch to him, haven't I?"

"No one could've said it better," Yaoyorozu smiled at her, making the other girls giggle.

(Y/n) sighed and faked a smile. She had decided to finally face him, even though that thought shook her to the core. "Fine. I'll try."

The girls sent her encouraging smiles and cheered her on with wishes of good luck as they scattered to their seats. As (Y/n) approached her desk, her heart thumped in her chest with dread. Since almost a week had passed, the awkwardness between them had gradually disintegrated and the silence became a norm for them. But now that (Y/n) was going to break it, it made her tense all over.