Chappy 64

(Y/n) and Katsuki both walked in silence. The former deep in her disturbed thoughts while the latter tried to figure out in his head why the girl wasn't speaking to him. What he didn't know was that she couldn't even find the right words to say to him, let alone think of what to say to him.

All that ran solely in her mind was the dreaded question of her feelings for him, whether they were true or false. She had tried to deny them, giving herself numerous reasons as to why she couldn't be harboring feelings for Katsuki but every time she'd be proven otherwise by very solid reasons. And some of them leading the pack being her persistent racing heartbeat and unending raging blush.

(Y/n) couldn't even look Katsuki in the eye anymore without her throat drying up. It was a miracle in the first place that she even managed to exit the washroom let alone agree to walk with him home. But here she was, walking beside the ash-blond while keeping her eyes averted away from him and subtly putting some distance between them. What she didn't know was that her silence was sending the wrong message to Katsuki, who concluded that she was still mad at him and probably because of the recent wrong he had done.

They were almost reaching (Y/n)'s home and the silence was starting to get on his nerves.

"That's fucking it!" he muttered angrily, stopping in his tracks before grabbing the girl's arm and whipping her around to face him.

(Y/n) gasped in shock when she accidentally collided with his chest due to the harsh tug. Her eyes widened upon noticing how close their faces were, and this didn't help with her heart or her blush. It just made everything worse.

Not that Katsuki noticed what he was doing to her, instead, he grabbed her other arm and went on with his angry rant.

"What the fuck did I wrong now?! Huh?! Is this still about that Isamishit?! Is it about that maggot Deku?!! Is that why you ain't talking to me?! Is it because I didn't fucking apologize?! Huh?! The fuck is it?! Tell me dammit!!"

Since he had his hold on both her arms, he'd pull her closer with every question, now completely having had invaded her personal space and messed with all her brain activity. (Y/n) stood there, her hands remaining limp on her sides as she stared slack-jawed at the male.

"H-h-huh?"

Katsuki's face softened a bit upon her simple yet utterly stricken utterance. For a moment, he thought that he had gone too far and scared her, considering the fact that she was giving him a wide-eyed look. The boy took a step back from her and averted his gaze to the ground, a string of curses escaping his lips. He slowly let go of her arms and looked back at her with a slightly apologetic expression, a small pinkish hue adorning his cheeks.

When Katsuki was finally out of her breathing space, the girl felt herself loosen up a bit. She was still shaken from the experience. It wasn't the first time the male had intruded on her personal bubble but this time, he had intruded both her bubble and mind, making her completely numb.

(Y/n) took some self-assuring steps backward and hugged herself, her hands rubbing up and down the spots where Katsuki's hands were. She could almost feel the ghost of his warmth on them. And she liked it. A lot.

And that thought scared her. Because it only serves to prove the fact that she liked him. More than a friend.

"So are you gonna tell me or what?"

The girl's eyes were never still and she never looked at him except in passing, afraid that if she did she'd only freeze up. Her tortured mind tried to piece together what he was referring to and just when he was about to repeat his question, she answered with a shake of her head.

"No. I'm not mad at you."

The girl pursed her lips and risked to maintain eye contact with him for a minute, but immediately broke it off when their eyes met. Katsuki, relieved that he wasn't the problem and that he didn't have to apologize, arched an eyebrow at this. He had already noticed so far how (Y/n) wouldn't maintain eye contact with him, how her face was constantly red and how caged she was acting, especially with how tightly she had wrapped her hands around herself as if protecting herself from something.