Chappy 63

(Y/n) and her teammates raced into the forest, their eyes scanning for a suitable hiding spot.

"There!" Shouto announced, pointing at a small clearing not so far from them.

His teammates nodded and followed him, quickly jumping over the bush that surrounded the small clearing. They crouched low to avoid being seen, with (Y/n) sitting cross-legged on the ground.

"Do you think the others will find us here?" (Y/n) whispered.

"No," Shouto answered while scanning the area. "They're too busy going deeper into the forest to even notice we're here."

"We're not too far from the rocky terrain," Ojiro pointed out, squinting out at the distance.

The other students followed his line of vision and nodded.

"If we get there we'd have a higher advantage of locating the others but then we'd be visible targets to sneak attacks," (Y/n) muttered, earning a nod from Shouto.

"We'd rather stay here for the time being," he said with a sigh, focusing on the passing footfall behind their hiding spot.

Some minutes of silence passed with Shouto's team listening on to the footsteps. When they had disappeared, they all released the breath they had been holding.

"Do you think they're all gone?" Tohru whispered to them.

But before (Y/n) could answer her, she was cut off by a loud explosion.

"Dammit!" Shouto cursed under his breath. "Bakugou!"

"Is he near?"

"No, the heat from his blasts is more concentrated..." (Y/n) pointed at a rocky plateau far away from them. "There! See that smoke? He's there."

"At least we can avoid him now," Ojiro said. "He seems to be working alone."

"What'd you expect of Bakugou?" Tohru giggled while Kouda nodded.

"We should be moving," Shouto stood up, heterochromatic eyes scanning the area for rivals. "If we stay here for long we might have a bigger chance of getting captured."

"Right," the others whispered in tandem.

The students got on their feet and began running deeper into the forest. As they ran, they noticed that the explosions had stopped meaning he was probably on the move to find other teams.

Another thing they noticed was that they hadn't met up with any of the other teams.

"Uh...guys?"

The three students stopped in their tracks to look back at Ojiro who was pointing at a something. They took some steps back to look at what he was pointing and gasped inaudibly.

Hanging from a tree with capture tape all around them was Iida, Sero, Tokoyami, and Sato.

"Wow," Tohru exclaimed.

"We should probably get out of here," (Y/n) said as she looked around suspiciously. "The people or more specifically the person who did that to them might still be here somewhere."

"Yeah, let's go."

The team continued racing through the forest, (Y/n) already starting to find the exercise a bit boring since all they've done is run and not capture anyone.

Katsuki's team must be having a lot of fun. (Y/n) pouted enviously, not paying attention to her surroundings.

"LOOK OUT!!!"

Suddenly a heavy mass threw itself on top of (Y/n), sending her toppling to the ground. A large blast exploded on the ground next to them, making the girl shriek. (Y/n) tightly closed her eyes and covered her ears to protect them from the shrill piercing sound that accompanied the blast.